“I have always stayed at this Inn”
Review of Fairview Inn

Fairview Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Jackson B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I have stayed at the Fairview Inn on numerous occasions and, without exception, have had excellent service. Plus, my rooms have always been spotless and with full amenities. The staff has been nothing by polite, helpful and have, on two stays, gone out of their way to assist me with special needs even when I didn't e-mail ahead to request them. I think mellisajoseph1 must have some sort of grudge against the proprietors. I have known them for two decades and Tamar is a very kind, friendly and warm individual. Peter is a fine English-born gentleman would wouldn't say bull if he were standing in a pile of it. This is a wonderful place to stay and the prior review should be ignored since it was obviously written by a demented, bitter individual. They wouldn't be in business if their Inn was this bad, as surely someone would have closed them down by now. You can stay there with confidence.

Room Tip: All the rooms have been recently updated and are in perfect condition. Look at the pictures and pic...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SueBelle

Reviewed December 11, 2013

I had stayed in Simon's Loft before and requested it again. 2 days before my arrival, i was in-
formed that room would no longer be available and, at the same rate, I could have another room.
I arrived in a handicapped room with putrid green carpet, a dingy ambience, grab bars everywhere, a tiny tub and a plain room where windows are sealed shut, and the doors are wide
enough for wheelchair access. I tried to stay there, but requested another room. I was moved
reluctantly to the executive suite that showed online a photo of a lovely room with a fireplace.
I arrived only to find a filthy bathroom with a large hair on the side of the toilet, scum outlining the
shower, a broken shower door, a glass shelf over the pitted lavatory that slanted so much that
no items would stay put, sealed windows, and a kettle with such a short cord that I had to plug it in by leaving it on the floor in order to reach an outlet. The vanity mirror in the bathroom was broken so that it wobbled forwards and backwards, never standing upright. There was a half roll
of toilet paper, no extra to spare, a little kleenex left in the box and again none other to spare as well. I called downstairs the next morning and requested more coffee and bottled water. Five hours later someone brought me those items. I reported all this and was told I could move to
another hotel though I would need to make the reservation, move my things myself, and deal
with all other minutiae. There was no sign of anyone who was at all solicitous; in fact, it seemed
that I was an intrusion into their life as they made more money from their never ending Christmas
parties. When I did ask if I could possibly be moved to the room that was requested and confirmed a month earlier, I was told it was now taken. I reported all these issues and was dis-
missed with the comment that I could have gone to another hotel. The fact is, I wanted to stay in
the room that I knew would provide me with all that I needed to be comfortable: fresh air, a bathtub, and privacy. I requested a late check out which was neither rebuffed nor acknowledged.
I therefore assumed I could have that request honored. When told that was not possible, I then
asked if my visitor and I could go to the library downstairs. I was told that was off limits except
for evening parities. There was never a warm welcome, a helping hand, or any sort of solicitousness. No southern charm or hospitality exists at The Fairview Inn. Peter and Tamar
Sharp treated me not as a guest but as a nuisance. I will never stay there again. And I have
told as many people as I know of my experience. What a shame to have to reveal this most
unpleasant experience.

Room Tip: previously, on two occasions, i have stayed in simon's loft. i was never able to have that room...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank melissajoseph1
Innkeeper-Jackson, Owner at Fairview Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

We are certainly concerned with this guest’s comments about their stay. We realized early on that we were never going to be able to meet, never mind exceed, their expectations. We could do nothing to satisfy them, therefore we suggested they seek alternative accommodations. We hope that the excellent reviews we have received from our many other guests will put this review in prospective.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

We have stayed at the Fairview Inn a number of times & have always enjoyed our visits .The Inn keeps a stocked " honor " bar stocked with beer,wine,soft drinks, & water + various snacks . A generous breakfast is included with your room & is always delicious. We like the location as it is close to two small college campuses ( Bellhaven & Millsaps ) which are both very nice for a long morning or afternoon walk or jog. The Fairview has a small bar for meeting friends & recently opened a spa which have not visited.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Larry M
Reviewed December 4, 2013

This is old Mississippi at it's best! The Fairview Inn is a lovely place to stay and experience southern hospitality. This is our 2nd stay and we are not disappointed. The Inn is beautifully decorated for the Christmas holidays and the staff is friendly and helpful. The Fairview is a B & B Inn, a deluxe breakfast is included in the rate. We especially like that there is a wonderful restaurant, Sophia's, within the Inn, so we don't have to move the car once we check in. Since our last stay, they have transformed the library into a lounge area ~ which is another reason not to have to leave the property for anything at all!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank BluegrassSue
Reviewed November 18, 2013

What a beautiful inn! I stayed in a large King room while on business, and want to return with my spouse. Every thoughtful amenity was provided, including a spacious working desk and comfortable chairs. Of course, the bed was beautifully dressed and I didn't want to get up early for meetings.

The restaurant was fabulous, and I also enjoy time with colleagues in their new Library Bar. It had a true neighborhood quality--friendly and lively.

In every aspect, the staff were gracious and accommodating. The Fairview Inn is a jewel in Jackson.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Nancy S
Reviewed November 13, 2013

The Fairview Inn offers a beautiful respite with old world charm. My husband and I loved everything about it except that we were only staying one night! There was a relaxing atmosphere that I enjoyed. It is a place that one would enjoy with time for reading a good book as a break away from their busy lives.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 2travel2eurorpe
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Very romantic and private. Stayed in the "Third Floor Suite," only room at the top, no neighbors on the sides. Bathroom has nice Jacuzzi tub. Really enjoyed the stay, lots of little extras - a sit down breakfast is included with the room rate. Also a guest kitchen with free soda/cookies/fruit. Very tastefully decorated. Staff was friendly and helpful, I'll be back for sure.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple