“Lovely Inn!”
Review of Fairview Inn

Fairview Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Jackson B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 4, 2013

This is old Mississippi at it's best! The Fairview Inn is a lovely place to stay and experience southern hospitality. This is our 2nd stay and we are not disappointed. The Inn is beautifully decorated for the Christmas holidays and the staff is friendly and helpful. The Fairview is a B & B Inn, a deluxe breakfast is included in the rate. We especially like that there is a wonderful restaurant, Sophia's, within the Inn, so we don't have to move the car once we check in. Since our last stay, they have transformed the library into a lounge area ~ which is another reason not to have to leave the property for anything at all!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank BluegrassSue

Reviewed November 18, 2013

What a beautiful inn! I stayed in a large King room while on business, and want to return with my spouse. Every thoughtful amenity was provided, including a spacious working desk and comfortable chairs. Of course, the bed was beautifully dressed and I didn't want to get up early for meetings.

The restaurant was fabulous, and I also enjoy time with colleagues in their new Library Bar. It had a true neighborhood quality--friendly and lively.

In every aspect, the staff were gracious and accommodating. The Fairview Inn is a jewel in Jackson.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Nancy S
Reviewed November 13, 2013

The Fairview Inn offers a beautiful respite with old world charm. My husband and I loved everything about it except that we were only staying one night! There was a relaxing atmosphere that I enjoyed. It is a place that one would enjoy with time for reading a good book as a break away from their busy lives.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 2travel2eurorpe
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Very romantic and private. Stayed in the "Third Floor Suite," only room at the top, no neighbors on the sides. Bathroom has nice Jacuzzi tub. Really enjoyed the stay, lots of little extras - a sit down breakfast is included with the room rate. Also a guest kitchen with free soda/cookies/fruit. Very tastefully decorated. Staff was friendly and helpful, I'll be back for sure.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HollyinNola
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Peter Sharp, owner, manager, everywhere person, hands on super nice guy. Peter is what makes this a great place to stay and eat. We stayed in the old section and a few problems encountered were: room door shifted due to settlement and was de-laminating, shower head was not secured to pole and needed two hands to control hot & cold water, bathroom had no hooks to hang towels. Those items were taken care off fast. Guest room was very large, front room sofa, chairs, couch, coffee set, TV, two closets, period mid 1800's. Bedroom had four poster queen size bed, canopy, TV, chairs, windows, looking out the front and into the very nice courtyard. Our room #1 was very, very large and comfortable. This was the old section, newer section had modern rooms and were larger. Breakfast room, large, able to order special items and menu was very good. Juices, coffee, fruit, tea, breads, very nice wait staff. There are cookies, cakes, fruit, milk, 24 hours in a room next to the breakfast room. Also an honor bar, with beer and wines. The separate bar area is small, but perfect, and great, which we spent quite a bit of time in. The restaurant Sofia's was closed for a wedding the day we arrived, so we had Sofia's bar menu, in the bar, and we were blown away by the quality and quantity of the food. We did not have a chance to experience Sofia's for a sit down dinner, but I would expect it to be extremely high quality, based on the bar bites we had.
Peter, thanks for the coffee mugs and riding the Trace with us. Your place is a gem, very nice meeting you and good luck always. May the wind always be at your back.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Paul R
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We were only there for one night to attend a New Stage performance nearby, but so happy we made this choice. The room was very nice with a sitting room and luxurious bath. The dining experience in Sophia's was perfect, and the staff was eager to accommodate our plans to be at the theater in time.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Moandpam
Reviewed September 27, 2013

This place was a little out of my usual price range, but because I wanted to be in this vicinity, I splurged. I'm glad I did. I chose the only room in the attic, because I needed two beds and I wanted to stay in the old part of the house. It was also the cheapest room available, but it was still a great room. The large Jacuzzi bath/shower had a skylight overhead! There is great attention to detail throughout. I really enjoyed the honor bar with complimentary fruit and snacks. The breakfast the next day was just great, too. My first chance to try Kudzu blossom jelly. The onsite spa is very nice, but we did not have a chance to dine in the restaurant. We were traveling on motorcycles, and the location, in a pleasant residential area made me feel comfortable about leaving the bikes parked outside. I don't know where you would find a better place to stay in Jackson.

Room Tip: Visit the Inn website to select your room.