“Top notch!”
Review of Fairview Inn

Fairview Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Jackson B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 27, 2013

This place was a little out of my usual price range, but because I wanted to be in this vicinity, I splurged. I'm glad I did. I chose the only room in the attic, because I needed two beds and I wanted to stay in the old part of the house. It was also the cheapest room available, but it was still a great room. The large Jacuzzi bath/shower had a skylight overhead! There is great attention to detail throughout. I really enjoyed the honor bar with complimentary fruit and snacks. The breakfast the next day was just great, too. My first chance to try Kudzu blossom jelly. The onsite spa is very nice, but we did not have a chance to dine in the restaurant. We were traveling on motorcycles, and the location, in a pleasant residential area made me feel comfortable about leaving the bikes parked outside. I don't know where you would find a better place to stay in Jackson.

Room Tip: Visit the Inn website to select your room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank arhogfan

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Top notch from the check in to the appointments of the room to a place with true southern hospitality and food.

Ate dinner and breakfast here and it was fantastic.

Well done and I can't wait to return soon.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kirk S
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Your first view of The Fairview really sets the stage for the visit. The building itself takes your breath away -- perfectly beautiful and all I wanted to do was sit in those rocking chairs and take in the beautiful Southern atmosphere.
Rarely do I sleep well when I'm away but slept perfectly for the three nights I was there. The bed just kind of envelops you into a lovely, lulling sleep.
Breakfast was such a treat. When you pick up your coffee mug you realize that it has been warming on a warming tray. Talk about thinking of every detail.....
The biscuits are as light as a feather.
But what just blew me away was the Guest Pantry. There is not one thing that hasn't been thought of----every kind of coffee and tea; an instant hot water tap; an instant chilled water tap; ice maker; wine cooler; soft drinks; delicious cookies.
Same with the Business Center. Printing boarding passes could not be easier.
Thank you, Fairview for a wonderful stay.

1  Thank Millerinn
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I stayed at the Fairview for three nights on a business trip. The room was enormous, as well as the bathroom - and very lovely. I slept like a rock all three nights in the comfortable bed. I enjoyed the gardens just outside our wing of the building. The magnolia trees are the biggest I've ever seen. I was able to go for a nice job around the campus of Millsaps College, which is right across the street essentially. The food was fantastic - I had breakfast, lunch and dinner at the inn. Especially enjoyed the biscuits at breakfast. The BLT and French Dip sandwiches were great. The Library Lounge bar was fun - enjoyed some craft beer. The 24-hour access to snacks was great - thanks for doing that (you don't see that at a hotel). The hospitality was first class. Kudos to the innkeepers and staff. When in Jackson, I can't think of a better place to stay.

1  Thank jkarennj
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Stayed at the Fairview on business and it was a pleasure. As a frequent business traveler service is #1 on my list followed closely by comfort and space. The service at the Fairview is impeccable, that great blend of friendly and professional that even many major brands don't provide. The "Inn" experience is one every business traveler needs to try, and this one is among the best anywhere. That said, I am looking forward to returning with my husband to enjoy the pure unadulterated romance of this beautiful property and its outdoor decks and gardens. Special thanks to Ellery for her information and professionalism and to out hosts Peter and Tamar, the consumate innkeepers.

Room Tip: Room 13 was spacious, beautifully decorated and elegant.
1  Thank 02631travelbug
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We loved everything about this charming inn. We felt that we enjoyed the best of the South. We were given an upgraded room upon arrival, which was beautiful in every way. The grounds are beautiful and our breakfast was outstanding. We'd love to come back to Jackson just to enjoy this inn again!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank emmyandmom
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We traveled to Jackson from Memphis for a baby moon. We opted for the Magnolia suite, which we loved upon arrival, but we regretted the choice at bedtime when we realized it was above the bar, and the speakers piping the music (not loud, but still a nuisance) were right under our bed. We moved rooms the next day. I felt that should have been mentioned as a caution at check in - not a big deal for night owls but I'm obviously pregnant and go to bed early. The new room was totally fine and much quieter. The rooms are all very charming and unique. I'd change little except it was time for a linen update - the sheets were a little thin and well worn.

We loved the spa, breakfast and the Library Bar (when we wanted to be in there, not the music in our room). The hotel is clearly well run but felt a little dusty and threadbare in corners. We love historic hotels and B&Bs so we were not expecting brand new, but there is room for updates.

Overall, a very nice weekend.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Innkeeper-Jackson, Owner at Fairview Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for your positive comments about your experience at the Fairview Inn. I wanted you to know that since your visit, we have just completed renovations of all our guest rooms including adding all new luxury bed linens. We hope you will have the opportunity to visit us again soon and experience the changes.