“Lovely, but a little tired” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairview Inn

Fairview Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Jackson B&B and Inns
Vienna, Virginia
“Lovely, but a little tired”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

We traveled to Jackson from Memphis for a baby moon. We opted for the Magnolia suite, which we loved upon arrival, but we regretted the choice at bedtime when we realized it was above the bar, and the speakers piping the music (not loud, but still a nuisance) were right under our bed. We moved rooms the next day. I felt that should have been mentioned as a caution at check in - not a big deal for night owls but I'm obviously pregnant and go to bed early. The new room was totally fine and much quieter. The rooms are all very charming and unique. I'd change little except it was time for a linen update - the sheets were a little thin and well worn.

We loved the spa, breakfast and the Library Bar (when we wanted to be in there, not the music in our room). The hotel is clearly well run but felt a little dusty and threadbare in corners. We love historic hotels and B&Bs so we were not expecting brand new, but there is room for updates.

Overall, a very nice weekend.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Innkeeper-Jackson, Owner at Fairview Inn, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for your positive comments about your experience at the Fairview Inn. I wanted you to know that since your visit, we have just completed renovations of all our guest rooms including adding all new luxury bed linens. We hope you will have the opportunity to visit us again soon and experience the changes.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

I have stayed at this Inn numerous times and each time has been an excellent experience. The staff goes well beyond expectations in making sure each guest is individually welcomed and the stay is perfect. The rooms are all well appointed, beds comfortable, great air conditioning, lovely gardens, wonderful deck area, great restaurant and the best breakfast. I had an early morning meeting and my breakfast was served in five minutes. I will not stay anywhere else in Jackson, Mississippi.

Room Tip: I like the French Suite, the English Suite, the Asian Suite, the Hayloft Suite, and the Spanish Suit...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Memphisbelle2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

A lovely property. My friends and I drove from Indiana on a girlfriend week. This was our second stop. We loved it!! The place is beautiful! We were on the third floor. When we made a reservation we were concerned it may not be cool enough. The temp in the room was perfect. We also loved the privacy of the top room. The staff was great. We ate in the lounge, because we got in so late. The bartender was excellent. He went to Sophias; their restaurant, to get us some LATE dinner. They also have a wonderful snack bar available to guest. It even had cake!! Perfect stay. From check in to check out it was a great place to stay.

Room Tip: We were on the higher floor. It is a good floor if you have a lot of people. Very pretty. Very quie...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Dewey4321
Madison, MS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful experience at the Fairview Inn, Jackson, MS. We had reserved the Dayton Cooper room, but upon arrival we were graciously offered an upgrade to the Executive Suite. Wow!! Beautiful B&B and the staff were wonderful. We will be back very soon!! Also, the breakfast offered the next morning was delicious.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brook B
baltimore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

The Fairview Inn is stunning all around. The rooms are all very unique and the Inn grounds are beautiful. The service was great and everyone was really friendly. The food was also amazing. I had a room with a giant jacuzzi bath tub! It was like being pampered at a really nice hotel with the charm of a bread and breakfast. I would def. recommend this place to anyone staying in the Jackson area. The prices are reasonable for what you get.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Stratford upon Avon, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

We had an overnight here at the end of April as a stop on a road-trip. We had such a lovely time, the staff were brilliant and the hotel is beautiful. We were upgraded on arrival to a huge suite which was fantastic. We sat out all evening sipping perfect mint juleps and chatting to other guests - the bar menu was described as limited but it really wasn't - it was fabulous! No wonder the rating is 1 in Jackson - a great experience - so relaxing.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Linsensuppe
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed here for 1 night at the end of January on my own.

I initially had booked the Dayton Cooper room due to being on a budget and was really pleased with being given an upgrade to a HUGE suite the Hayloft suite, that made my stay even more incredible! The woman who showed me around was wonderful, explaining how everything worked from breakfast to the kitchen area with complimentary drinks, plus snacks and alcohol you could purchase very cheaply as well. Having this was just wonderful when you wanted a small snack to enjoy late at night.

My suite was amazing!!! Thats all i can say. The pictures speak for themselves! There was a lovely bed at the back of the room, a large sitting area with 2 couches and also a sitting area with window seats to the right. The bathroom with a whirlpool, shower and vanity was behind the staircase you walked up to get into the room. The bed was very comfortable!

I tell you what, if I was to picture what heaven looked like it would be similar to this room and how i felt being in it. It was just incredible! I would come back to Jackson just to stay here again!

I am so glad I was upgraded, but the other room would have been wonderful no doubt too. Having so much space really made me appreciate the upgrade.

Breakfast was really nice too. With a choice of meals and all of it tasting wonderful! It topped off a wonderful stay.

I cant speak more highly about this place. It was beautiful outside and inside and I hope to come back here on another stay because i still think about the room and how much fun I had even just for 1 night.

The staff, the suite, the entire place was just wonderful!

Room Tip: Stay in the Hayloft suite...or any suite!!! Beautiful!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo