“A Great Experience”
Review of Fairview Inn

Fairview Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Jackson B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 24, 2008

We decided to stop in Jackson during a road trip. A friend had recommended the Fairview Inn based on their experience, and mentioned that if we thought we would want to just have a day "out of the car" that the Fairview was a perfect place to use this time. This friend was absolutely right - not only was the Fairview an excellent B&B, but was the perfect place to just hang out for the day and take a break from all the driving.

The staff was gracious, the room beautiful and clean, and the setting of the inn itself was very relaxing. I should also add that their onsite restaurant, "Sophia's" had great food.

It was so nice that we had a hard time getting into the car and driving off. I can't wait for our next visit.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank LAtraveler83

Reviewed January 20, 2008

My wife and I had to change plans for a visit to New Orleans because she had to teach a class on our 23rd Anniversary. I decided that we would stay in town at the Fairview. We had been there several times for wedding receptions and thought it might be a nice surprise. After reserving the Hayloft, I canceled dinner reservations that I had made at another restaurant and reserved a table at the Fairview. As it turned out, it was a cold weekendend and a perfect choice not to leave the Inn. What a great stay. From the time I first contacted the Inn to the last person I handed the key back to, everyone was a delight. The suite was large and warm with a jacuzzi tub and walk-in shower. Plenty of room to stretch out and enjoy our special occasion. Best of all, no 3 hour drive back home. We will definitely do this again.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2007

We didnt stay there...we only ate dinner at the restaraunt located in the Fairview Inn and there were bugs crawling on our utensils, it was disgusting. If you like the taste of roasted critters, I recommend the Fairview. If not, stay away!!! The owners would not even refund our money!!!

• Stayed: August 2007
4  Thank LovetoTravel1990
Reviewed July 23, 2007

The Fairview is a luxury bed and breakfast in the Belhaven area, near downtown Jackson, Mississippi. The facility is a sprawling mansion with about a eighteen suites. The rooms are well appointed, individually decorated, and very reasonably priced. The common areas include an outside deck space and a large library that is a perfect retreat before or after dinner. The Fairview was, until recently, operated by a gentlemen who grew up in the mansion. Over the last eight years I have stayed in the Fairview on about ten occasions, and I have always enjoyed my stay very much. This most recent (July 2007) visit was my first after a change in ownership. The new owners have not only maintained the high standards of the original owner, they have improved the Fairview in several ways. The new owners have installed a first class restaurant that serves absolutely delicious food in a well appointed room off the west side of the main reception area. The food was superior to any other place I have dined in Jackson. The staff is friendly, competent, and eager to serve the Fairview guests. The Fairview has a very user-friendly web site that allows you to look at each suite and book directly on line. The included full breakfast is served from 8:00 until 10:00 in a separate dining area that is also well appointed and comfortable. There is an open kitchen with an easy to operate single-cup coffee/tea maker and an assortment of coffees and teas open day and night for the guests. Off-street parking is easily accessible. The room rates are very, very reasonable considering the quality of the accommodations and the amenities the Fairview provides its guests. I give the Fairview Inn the highest possible recommendation.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Readeverynight
Reviewed June 24, 2007

I love the Fairview Inn - beautiful rooms, nice staff, good food. My one and only complaint is the horrible bright white lights they have surrounding the outside of the house which are left on ALL NIGHT LONG. The two different rooms that I've stayed in on different occasions were outfitted with shutters on all the windows which let in quite a lot of light. It looked like daylight in my room at 3:00 in the morning. It was very difficult to sleep. Also seems like a waste of energy.

I hope the owners see this and consider turning the lights off after 10:00 pm (or something like that). Otherwise it's a lovely place.

Stayed: June 2007
2  Thank Mrkmbb
Reviewed December 14, 2006

This is by far the nicest place to stay in Jackson. The breakfast is so good- give yourself time to enjoy it.

The rooms are large, clean, charming and full of little details. The owners are so nice.

I really wouldn't recommend staying anywhere else in Jackson (and I should know, I grew up there), except for possibly the Hilton Garden Inn in Madison, if you are going to be in the North Jackson area instead. However, the Fairview Inn is likely to cost around the same as the HIlton in Madison, with a lot more charm.

Belhaven is a beautiful area to walk / jog/ admire homes in as well.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank luckygirl2
A TripAdvisor Member
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed March 11, 2006

My wife and I recently stayed here while on a business trip. We enjoyed the English Suite immensely, very spacious, large bathroom with jacuzzi tub and seperate shower and plenty of room and lighting for makeup. Nice desk area and seperate reading area with fireplace and good for business travel. The staff were very accomodating, friendly. Felt like I was both in a luxury boutique hotel but also at home. The free passes to nearby health club was added benefit.

Would definately recommend for business or leisure stay in downtown Jackson!

• Stayed: February 2006, traveled on business