“Exactly what we hoped for.”
Review of Fairview Inn

Fairview Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Jackson B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 15, 2012

The Fairview Inn is a true southern gem. It is a southern mansion first class. The original house was built in 1908 but has since beed added to without losing any of its charm. The staff was about as sweet as it gets in the south, the food most excellent, and certainly worthy of a return visit. It is located most conveniently to all points of interest but it's location in a neighborhood make it feel like you miles and miles away from the hustle and bustle of the outside world. I am hoping for a return visit next year as Jackson itself was very surprisingly a wonderful city to visit.

Room Tip: Although you might want to stay in the main house, sometimes the activities in their very busy resta...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 7, 2012

I surprised my wife with a two night stay here at this inn. We never stayed here before, and I wasn't sure how it would all turn out. But I took the chance and booked two nights well in advance. My wife thought the place was beautiful and she thought I was the best husband in the world for taking her there. The grounds are kept up nice and the inn is located in a nice neighborhood. My wife and I walked around the grounds late at night and felt safe during our entire stay there. The restaurant is also top notch. If you stay at the inn, then experiencing the culinary skills of the Head Chef is a must! And the breakfast you get as part of the package is also fantastic. You have a choice of what you want to eat for breakfast. It really is nice!! I would stay here again. In fact my wife and I want to make plans to go around Christmas time.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2012

This charming and comfortable bed and breakfast in Jackson, Mississippi, offers central location and all the information needed to enjoy the best of Southern Hospitality. It is a great place to start or finish a vigorous day or bicycling on the Natchez Trace. It as well is a romantic hideaway for the job weary traveler. Mell Welborn, bicyclist, Classic Adventures

Room Tip: I have enjoyed three different rooms and all were wonderful. Have a late night fresh brewed coffee i...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mell W
Reviewed April 17, 2012

We stayed here on our first visit to Jackson, MS. It is full of old world, southern charm and located in the gorgeous neighborhood of Belhaven. We were greeted warmly on check-in and shown around the common areas of the Inn. We had a wonderful suite with a fireplace, reading material, dining table, and great view of the gardens. The bathroom was equipped with both a large shower stall and a jacuzzi tub. The hostess who checked us in was very helpful with information and brochures about the area and Jackson in general. There is an excellent honor bar with both free and low prices snacks and drinks, a guest fridge and a microwave. We sat in the gardens to enjoy a drink in the cool peacefulness. We visited the spa for the Indian Head Massage, which was exactly as described. The Inn is clean and uniquely decorated which was a treat. The full southern breakfast was more than any one could want with a variety of choices. All of the staff were friendly and helpful during our stay. I would definitely visit again. My one regret was that due to a wedding scheduled for Saturday much of the ground floor and gardens were not available for other Inn guests so we were not able to enjoy the restaurant or really exploring the old parts of the Inn. (We checked out on Easter Sunday so it was quite busy then with the special brunch.)

Room Tip: Ask where the room is located, some are on the busy first floor hall near the gathering areas and so...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank nehistory_buffs
Reviewed April 10, 2012

What a delightful inn! The Fairview Inn provides what I was looking for while staying in Jackson, MS. My husband and I were visiting Jackson and relied on a Select Registry B & B - I've never been disappointed with their member inns. Fairview Inn is quite old South - expansive, large columns, wide porch with rockers, antique furniture, and beautiful rooms! The breakfast buffet was delicious - their grits were to die for! Their were always snacks and drinks available during the day. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and hope to return soon.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 31, 2012

We arrived later than planned, but were greeted politely. Did feel a bit rushed in the processing of our arrival, but our hostess was kind. Our room was clean and spacious. The view from the windows was only of the roof of the eating rooms below, and we could mainly see all the HVAC equipment, large tubing, etc., so nothing special to address in that regard. Did very much appreciate that they have an elevator for luggage. What a relief! The facility is spectacular and clearly was quite the home in its time and is well cared-for. You do want to keep in mind that this is an Inn and not a bed and breakfast. It is a business, and that is clear with the activity in the morning. The room in which breakfast is provided is at the very back of the facility. Past the restaurant and through the marble-floored dining room, to the back area. Nice, but somehow feels as though one is being placed "out of the way". The food was fine, average, typical. From the eating room, we could hear the kitchen and other staff visiting away in the kitchen in a not-too-quiet manner. Wait staff was sufficient, but not overly attentive. Honestly, felt we were a bit in the way in the morning. Could have walked out of the Inn when we left without anyone even noticing and would have done so except we wanted to hand our key to a person. Hunted one down and found someone in the office. Overall, would have been just as content to have stayed in a hotel and grabbed breakfast on the run. Paid a fair bit for the little bit of personal service we received.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Stayed here for one night as part of travel to the southern USA. Assigned a room in presumably a newer part of the building. We had to walk through the dining room to get to our room. The room was large and spacious with an amazing bathroom. Many windows with a view of the neighborhood. Everything was clean and comfortable. The inn is located in a nice area of Jackson. We didn't venture too far from the property but I think there was a small neighborhood center within walking distance. All of the rooms were pleasant and well kept. The owner met us and sincerely seemed to be concerned that we were welcomed and happy. The Inn provides complimentary soda and snacks in their kitchen as well as an honor bar with beer and wine at reasonable prices. There are common rooms with TV etc. but our own room had a fine TV if we had needed it. We ate in the dining room and had a pleasant and tasty if somewhat unremarkable dinner. I would definitly stay here again if I find myself in Jackson MS.

Room Tip: I think the original house does not have the room size or newness that are in the additions. Select...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple