“Nice to go to even though it's a little old ...”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Russell C Davis Planetarium
Ranked #22 of 53 things to do in Jackson
More attraction details
Owner description: Be wowed by giant stars, glowing planets and distant galaxies all shown on a giant wrap-around screen at this engaging planetarium, one of the largest in the South.
Reviewed March 17, 2012

It's a regular everyday planetarium, but things there are a little dated. Still worth a visit though!

1  Thank tkdgalsamm
There are newer reviews for Russell C Davis Planetarium

Reviewed February 20, 2012

It's kind of an older planetarium, but sometimes newer isn't always better. Go on an evening when they are showing the night sky. Your kids will enjoy it.

1  Thank toody703
Reviewed August 8, 2011

We went to see hurricane on the bayou and really enjoyed it. The film was interesting, the staff friendly and everything very clean and tidy. Had a great time!

2  Thank A9889
Reviewed August 4, 2011

I read that this was the largest planetarium in the SE part of the United States, and I was excited to take my children there. I thought a Planetarium meant that you looked up/learned about the stars, but this was old and was not impressive. The main attraction seemed to be to sell tickets to watch certain movies within the Planetarium. It was also very hot inside as if the air conditioner was not working. I will say that the ladies who worked there were very courteous and helpful and we enjoyed speaking with them.

Reviewed February 18, 2011

My husband and I go to the Planetarium every once in a while to watch the movies, see the stars, and gaze at the planets. This is one museum that stays open til almost midnight on some nights, so it makes a great date night! We can go and get a nice dinner, and then head over to the Planetarium to get lost under the sea, under the stars, or to discover new lands that we didn't know existed! It's a really fun experience.

2  Thank certs17

Been to Russell C Davis Planetarium? Share your experiences!