“Disappointing to say the least”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Indianola
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Extremely unclean. I stayed with colleagues for a week and we were all very disappointed in our individual rooms. We considered moving hotels, even though it would have been 25 minutes away. All of us had issues with our rooms- yellow water, coffee left in the basin all week, roaches in more than one room, hard pillows, cigarette smell in one room, extremely loud guests and even staff. I will say that the staff at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately, that does not make up for a stay like this. Wont be back

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Monique G

Reviewed August 29, 2013

On arrival the girl on reception had very little interest in us. We went to our room which was okay, soon after we went out to the pool and found 5 men with 2 barbecues, beer in cans and bottles by the pool in contravention of the instructions printed on the board beside the pool. My wife felt quite intimidated by this and we didn't stay in there long.

On the following morning we checked the pool and found one of the barbecues still there along with cans and bottles. Staff obviously knew it was happening and in fact the men drinking were probably connected with the hotel.

Breakfast was ok. After we had finished ours, but were still sitting drinking coffee, we saw a woman with her 2 children arrive, then a Police Officer in uniform. They came in and had their breakfast, apparently not guests. The woman with children seemed to be friendly with the receptionist, as when I went to check out, she was still sitting there in reception with the children watching the TV!

Every time I went into reception, the receptionist was on the public computer on facebook and had little interest in what we were there for.

The room was ok, the breakfast ok, but the staff here seem to be doing what they like, Not sure what the management is up to!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JohnnyGoHoliday
Reviewed August 11, 2013

An old, old Hampton Inn building in advanced decline. An attitude with no customer service skills. The staff obviously thinks of this place as THEIR personal space and you are putting them out. Particularly distasteful was their LOUD and RAUCOUS morning "party" in the adjacent room. The front desk at check in and check out has no one with ANY hospitality training or skills.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Eugene E
Smita A, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Hello Eugene,

My name is Smita Amthabhai and I am the manager at Best Western Blues Traveler Inn. I would first like to apologize about any inconvenience you may have experienced at our hotel. I will like to thank you for taking the time to bring the issues to my attention because we work together to make sure we can improve in any ways possible. I will be sure to speak to our front desk staff and the others so that we can make your next stay here at Best Western a better experience. If you have any further questions and/or concerns, please feel free to contact me via email at smita0427@yahoo.com.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Although the bathroom was small, the room was clean and very comfortable. The staff was friendly and very welcoming. The effort put into making a nice breakfast was obvious. Everything tasted great, especially the scrambled eggs, which were real, not powdered! Great stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Corentin P
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We were offered a group rate for this hotel because we were there for a funeral. However the fifteen dollar saving wasn't enough, The ice and pop machine were broken and we were there fri/sat/sun. the clock radio in my room didn't work

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Worst hotel experience I've every had during my travels. We were traveling with children and had unexpected issues with the toilet our first night checking in. No one from maintenance came to check the toilet and had the same issue the next night. This time it overflowed. When contact was made with the front desk and insisted on another room, we were told there was no other rooms available. Once one of our family members explained that human waste was overflowing and that was a health issue, amazingly now another room was available. It was fortunate that we were traveling with family. Hotel management handled this situation poorly. I do want to state that housekeeping staff members were excellent but they have no control over the poor customer service and mishandling of this situation by management. Our family would never stay in this hotel on any of our future travels to Indianola.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Arrival was around 8 pm and the reservation had been made on Hotels.com (the savings via calling the hotel for comparison was only about $7, but still a savings, so I did book through Hotels.com) about an hour prior to arrival. Upon entry to the lobby and walking to the desk, the front clerk said "you must be Mrs. X". Indeed I was! The check in process was quick and the clerk was friendly.

The room I was assigned was very clean, smelled great and the bed was very comfortable. I had a fridge and microwave in the room and did use the fridge for drinks. I did not partake of the next day breakfast of my own choosing, so I can't speak to the quality of that hotel perk. I can say my stay was good and I will stay there again should I be in the area and need a room.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Melbowtravels
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indianola
Americas Best Value Inn- Indianola
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Cleveland
Days Inn Greenville MS
Days Inn Greenville MS
#4 of 9 in Greenville

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!