“Do Not Stay Here”

Sleep Inn Horn Lake
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Horn Lake
“Do Not Stay Here”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Hotel is old and outdated. Rooms are too small for a family of 4. Walls and doors are disgusting. Hotel smells like smoke throughout. Breakfast was poor. Best bet is to eat breakfast somewhere else. I have stayed at alot of choice brand hotels and this is by far the worst I have ever seen.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Southport, NC
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This hotel seemed tired when we checked in. The lobby, the hallways, and the three rooms we were sent too all looked tired. Three rooms? Yes! I booked a handicap king non smsoking room. The first room was just a king non smoking, We asked again for a handicap room and was given another king non smoking non handicap room but this one stunk of smoke. Again we were given a handicap room that was not a handicap room. We took this one because it was plain to see that either they didn't have any handicap rooms left or didn't have the slightest idea what handicap means.
It seemed lke they didn't vacumn the floor either. We won't be going back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Petal MS
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I made reservations from Choice Hotels website using my reward points. We arrived about 11:30 pm and was told they couldn't find our reservation. After showing the associate my email confirmation as well as my confirmation number, she simply stated that they had no reservation for me.

I then called the Choice 1-800 number and the associate on the phone told me that it showed me as already checking in. I then told front desk what help desk said so she pulled up the ticket and said "Yes, you have already checked in. Did you lose your key and need another?" After explaining to her that I just arrived in town, she showed me the check in sheet. It had all of my information on there correctly but someone else had signed THEIR name to it. THEY DIDN'T EVEN ATTEMPT TO HIDE THE FACT THEY WERE SIGNING IN TO THE WRONG ROOM.

I stay in Choice Hotels about 35-50 nights a year for the last 8 years and have never been allowed to check in without showing my ID. So, how did someone give away my room without the proper ID being shown?

After being told by front desk that were no rooms for us, she attempted to give a couple paying cash a room. THEY HAD JUST WALKED INTO THE BUILDING 5 MINUTES AFTER US. I THOUGHT YOU HAD NO MORE ROOMS?

This prompted anther call to the Choice 1-800 # and they then proceeded to call the hotel. After they got off the phone with Choice 1-800, amazingly, they had a room ready.

As we waited for our new room (BTW, a smoking room, when we had requested non-smoking because of allergies) to be checked another customer came in about 12:15 am and had the exact same problem we did.

Not sure what is going on at this establishment, but something is shady.

The attitude of the night associate was ok. I believe she just didn't understand the situation. However, the next morning when I went to talk to the manager, her attitude was the biggest I DON'T CARE attitude I have ever seen at one of your properties. She did nothing to address the situation and had nothing to offer. She then proceeded to tell me just call the customer service line and they would deal with it.

Also, the common areas were filthy. The elevator floor was so sticky I was afraid to sit my bag down on it. Hallways were spotty with stains. Bathrooms nothe cleanest that I had ever seen in a Choice Property, much less a Sleep Inn.

Also, there were people just hanging out in the lobby when we got there. I've never seen that before either.

I will never stay in a Sleep Inn again. The only time I will stay in a Choice property again is if it is the only available option. I have already started staying at Hilton Properties and have signed up for their rewards program.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Mount Vernon, Indiana
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We are stuck here as mom is hospitalized nearby. Hotel is very reasonable with AARP discount. Fitness center, nice outdoor pool, but the nicest thing is the evening snack time from 5-7pm . Warm baked cookies, cheese chunks, Dips, veggies. Spinach dip, tuna salad, pop, fruit . nice!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Gray4fam
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Very nice overall-unusual rooms. All amenities in a convient location-decent breakfast, elevator. Friendly front desk with free USA Today. No secure wi-fi. Best $58 room this year.

Will stay again on way to New Orleans.

Cobden, Illinois
Reviewed November 20, 2012

The room was not as clean nor appealing as it should be. Bathroom shower door had a handle missing on the door. Check in was ok, lady was friendly, check out, the lady was rude. The breakfast was very good and the staff there was great.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dublin, Ohio
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Strangely enough, I stayed at La Quinta across the street one night and here the next. My plans changed during the day and the La Quinta was booked. The Sleep Inn was about $20 less, which made it a great value. I did find today they hit me for a $1.50 charge for the in-room safe which I think is pot-licking, but I'm sure if I'd caught it at the time they would have removed the unused amenity from the bill.

Anyhow, the breakfast beat La Quinta's handily. The Sleep Inn offered more juices, more hot food, more cereal and more fresh fruit.

On the downside, the shower curtain had mold on the bottom and needed replaced badly, and the corridors had dirty carpet and smelled like smoke. The room, however was well appointed and had no other issues.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business