“very nice breakfast”

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Horn Lake
Cobden, Illinois
“very nice breakfast”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

The room was not as clean nor appealing as it should be. Bathroom shower door had a handle missing on the door. Check in was ok, lady was friendly, check out, the lady was rude. The breakfast was very good and the staff there was great.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Dublin, Ohio
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Strangely enough, I stayed at La Quinta across the street one night and here the next. My plans changed during the day and the La Quinta was booked. The Sleep Inn was about $20 less, which made it a great value. I did find today they hit me for a $1.50 charge for the in-room safe which I think is pot-licking, but I'm sure if I'd caught it at the time they would have removed the unused amenity from the bill.

Anyhow, the breakfast beat La Quinta's handily. The Sleep Inn offered more juices, more hot food, more cereal and more fresh fruit.

On the downside, the shower curtain had mold on the bottom and needed replaced badly, and the corridors had dirty carpet and smelled like smoke. The room, however was well appointed and had no other issues.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Greenwood, Indiana
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This hotel was a surprise as to it's location and it's clenliness. It was just a few miles away from Graceland and had a nice breakfast. Shower was one of the newer rounded end that supplie lots of space. I can not think of anything negative about this hotel, except for it being next to Cracker Barrell, and with the free breakfast at the hotel, I couldn't justify to my wife why I "had" to eat there for breakfast.
The premises were clean and well kept and well lit. There was lots of other business' and you DID NOT feel like your car was going to be vandalized like in some places
I definately would stay here again if traveling this direction.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We stay here every time we make the Missouri to Alabama trip. We've tried almost every hotel between Canton and Memphis and this has been the best we've found. The staff are always very friendly and it's always quiet even though it's next to the freeway and only a couple miles from the airport. There's a Texas Roadhouse across the street, a really good BBQ joint next door and a 2 minute walk to Kroger and Target. The evening snacks are decent enough for a light dinner and the hot breakfast is good, particularly in gravy biscuit days.

• Stayed October 2012
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We drove through the night from FL and arrived in Horn Lake around 10am Wednesday and decided to check on what time we could get our room which we had for Wednesday PM and were allowed to check in immediately and given a room. This outstanding service was matched with a room that was perfect. Clean, fully stocked with towels and supplies, comfortable bed, and the best hotel pillows you will ever enjoy. With a great location within miles of everything to do in Memphis including Graceland (minutes from the hotel) and downtown which is a 15 or 20 minute drive plus save the taxes which are MUCH higher in Memphis. The only negative of this location is the staff that manages their breakfast, the food and selection was great but the staff includes a lady who sits and watches you eat and complains if you do anything wrong. Again I apologize to this lady for my kids using a coffee cup for juice.....just skip it and eat elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Fort Collins, CO
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We stayed here on the way to Florida, on June 17,2012. It was a clean place to stay in an area that had several restaurants and stores on I-55. It was clean and the people working there were outstanding at customer service. The morning breakfast was one of the best I have had and was included in the rate. A great value. It is near a Fed-Ex airport.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Pontotoc, Mississippi
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We stayed here around July 5, 2010 because of baseball allstars. The room was extremely small not at all like the one they have pictured on the site. I have never been to prison but, eating breakfast here was the closest I ever want to get to it! The woman there just waited around and stared at you! She basically was waiting to pounce on you if you breathed wrong! I told the front desk and they acted like they knew but, could do nothing! CAN YOU SAY "YOU'RE FIRED!" We would NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone or their dog! STAY AWAY! They also charged us for a safety box we did not ask for. I guess they will do anything for an extra buck even if you don't know about it!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.