“Horrible service!!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Fort Lauderdale
“Horrible service!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

I came in for dinner fairly early, shortly after 5PM, so the ordering process went OK. I ate my meal, which was typical Applebees quality, no issue, I knew what I was in for. I got my bill and sat, and sat, and sat, and sat.....
I was curious just how long it would take for them to figure out that I had not paid. After 43 minutes I gave up and took my bill to the hostess and asked her to run the bill. WOW !!!
Needless to say there was no tip, but there is clearly no management at this Applebees.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank undgrad00

Glendale, California
“False allegations and complete embarrassment!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Well lets start off the night, my mom, my son, and I stopped in for a quick bite on our way home from visiting family in the hospital. The hostess seated us then came back and took our drink order mom had water, my son had Pepsi, and I ordered sweet tea.. Well 10 mins later the hostess brought us our drinks telling me that they are going to bring me my tea when they finish making some. I said ok. Well we all started playing a card game together, so I really have no ideal how long it took our server to come to the table. Well anyways she finally came my son and I got the two for twenty and my mom ordered a steak. Our appetizer of onion rings was so greasy and cold that we only ate one a piece. We had to ask 3 different people for silverware and plates for our appetizer. Then the silverware was dirty! Anyways about 15-20 mins later our food arrived. My food was actually correct, my sons medium rare steak was well done, my moms medium well steak was medium. We sent my sons steak back. Note: I still haven't gotten my sweet tea. Well his new steak comes back right other than the cook had a sense of humor it was cooked correctly in the middle and raw on the outsides.. On top of being tough as shoe leather.. Any ways the manager showed up at the table. Says I see the problem takes my sons plate and puts the steak me and my son have cut into and bitten off of and puts it back on the grill.. Well she brings it back to him medium well.. Well at this point I was fed up with the crap. I decided I was going to go outside and take a call from my fiancée. So I went outside and called him back while I smoked a cig. ( I don't believe that people should smoke inside buildings) Well while talking on the phone,with the test of my party sitting at the table with my car keys, the manager called the cops saying I was leaving with out paying. The cops showed up of course I was outside on the phone standing in front of the window to where my son and mom was sitting! The cop precedes to tell me the allegations the manager has placed on me. I told him no my mom and son are still inside waiting to pay. Well at this point my son who is 8 comes outside to tell me he needs in my car. He has bad food allergies so my mind went to thinking he needs his allergy meds. So I preceded to go in well I pulled the door to fast and hard for the cops liking. He pulls me out by my arm and started treating me like I was a criminal saying he was going to take me to jail for disturbing the peace! I kept telling him I needed to get the keys to the car for my son he needs them. Well he finally lets me get to my son who actually is having a mild reaction. But he needed something for my mom. The jackass wouldn't let me go back outside with my son! Anyways my mom was sitting reading her book holding cash waiting to pay! Then we where informed that they never want to see us at the restaurant! That we where baned! My mom asked the cops names and badge numbers, the cop who treated me so badly said smith and you can thank my superior for not taking her a$$ to jail tonight. What ever you do don't walk outside and make a phone call because the manager will call the cops on you!!

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank VnPBaek
“Worst service in my life!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

If this was the last place in the world to eat and be served, then I would just die of hunger. The evening started off by my table requesting coffee. The waiter, who was a one tract mind simpleton, brought the coffee with NO sugar or cream. I asked for sugar, and he responded by saying, " we only have blue, pink, and white sugar" I then asked again for cream and he told me he was not allowed to get cream. That the cream was locked in a fridge behind the bar, and only a manger can get cream. Lets say, I never got the cream, my coffee was cold, then I ask the manger what was the problem and she said, they were out of cream for all week! The evenings service only got worst. We had to constantly ask for condiments,refills, napkins, and so on. The evening ending by myself and two others paying with cash and one friend paying with a credit card. The waiter messed up that too! He took our money, then ran my friends card and charged all of our meals to her card! We asked for the manager , AGAIN, and told her the problem. She said she would fix it. The manger was useless. The waiter had no
Respect for her, and they began to argue in front of my table. The manger said, she was considering calling the police on the waiter, because he still had off of our money in his pockets! I asked the manger was she going to comp my friends dinner, and she then said " No, she did eat it" . I was in disbelief . I have never in my life been so upset and disturbed by a waiter or manager at a restaurant. I'm still so worked up, I think I will reach out to the general manger or regional manager. Oh, and later the manger told me, "this really is not my store, I'm the manger at Sycamore View location, and the real manger will be back next week" ...now that I know that, I won't eat at this location or her location ever again. Customers please be aware, and check your receipts . The manger told my table that this "funny business" of charging credit cards has been an issue in the past at this chain of business.

• Visited July 2013
Springfield, Illinois
“Waitress made it right”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

Ordered the low cal meal with sirloin steak. Steak was over cooked and mostly gristle. My server look it back and let me change my order. I will never order a steak at Applebees again.
Smoke from smoking area is obnoxious.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
United Kingdom
“It's the 21st century, time to lose the smoking section!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

I'm from the Mid-South originally. Visiting family near Memphis for Christmas. We picked Applebee's for lunch. We were seated and served fairly quickly. The food was fine. The service was ok.I forgot that Mississippi is one of the last states not to have a general ban on smoking in public places. I would have expected a chain like Applebee's to have their own national policy for the health of their employees. We will avoid in the future.

• Visited January 2013