“Very Good BBQ”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Atlanta, Georgia
“Very Good BBQ”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

My son and I visited while on a college visit in Memphis. I had the pork and Chicken combo with mac n cheese and Baked beans. Pork was moist and flavorful with a touch of their memphis sauce. Chicken was a little small but also flavorful. Mac N Cheese is definelty worth it. Son had the Brisket and Pork combo and his Brisket was moist and tender,no knife needed. Was a litle pricey as we spent about $38 for the two of us before tip.
Would definelty recommend. Lauri was an excellent server who was good but not overbearing.

• Visited February 2014

DeLand, Florida
“Try the tomato jam!!”
Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

This all started when I told a friend I was going to Memphis for work. He is known as the BBQ expert within our circle of acquaintances. MBC is listed in Horn Lake which is just on the west side of I-55 at Goodman Road next to Southaven.
He was curious about the Cheese fritters and the Pecan Wood they use in the smoker.
So after a little wait, I ordered the Cheese Fritters. When they arrived they looked like hush puppies, but they definitely were not. The sat in a honey mustard sauce, which on future visits I will ask for on the side. One bite and they were magnificent. They were fluffy and the cheese justs melts in your mouth. The honey mustard sauce was good, but they had Tomato Jam listed on the menu and I requested a side to try. I have never tried tomato jam so I was interested. It is made by first smoking the tomatoes, then they are puréed and cooked down with sugar. Then some secret spices are added as well as a little chipotle for just a little kick. It was so good I tried it with everything I ate, this is why I recommend the honey mustard on the side.
So then I ordered my meal, beef brisket with sides of potato salad, baked beans, and Mac and cheese, the waitresses recommendation.
The brisket was moist and would fall apart with only my fork, I could not detect the pecan in the flavor but I had a bit of a head cold during this visit to MBC. Of note I am not a big fan of cornbread but I did like theirs it was very moist and with the Tomato Jam added it was even better.
The Mac and cheese was excellent, served at the right temperature not cold or stuck together, and the baked beans were very good, the plethora of spices was very enjoyable.
MBC is definably worth a visit.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank b25pilot
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Excellent & Quality Barbecue”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Dined at the restaurant tonight and ordered the BBQ platter consisting of beef brisket and pulled pork. Absolutely tender and some of the best BBQ that I have ate. Sauce was light and flavorful.
Had two sides, fried Okra and creamy cole slaw. Very fresh. Entire meal with beverage was under $20. Highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Ken T
Mountain View, Arkansas
“Not a fan of MBC's barbecue”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I stopped in at MBC on a buddies golf trip to MS in July. We got complimentary pork rinds while waiting for our orders. The rinds were very good and we asked for another batch. I ordered the dry ribs with cornbread, turnip greens and BBQ spaghetti for my sides. The cornbread was very good. I didn't care for the turnip greens or the BBQ spaghetti. My ribs were tough, not the fall off the bone kind that I prefer. The service was spotty. Our waitress didn't get my order right. Overall, I didn't think MBC's barbecue measured up to the quality I expect in my Memphis BBQ.

• Visited July 2013
Conway, Arkansas
“I can't decide which is better”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Awesome Barbeque! I could not decide which one was better, the literally, melt in your mouth pulled pork, or the extremely tender brisket. Did I mention that they were both awesome.

• Visited January 2014