“YUM YUM YUM”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Staying in Memphis overnight and needed a place to eat. Everyone we asked said "Memphis Barbecue" It came highly recommended. We were told the wait may be insane, but it will be worth it in the end. I ordered a full rack of baby back ribs.... OMG wow I was overly impressed. I'm travelling with my mom right now and she likes ribs, doesn't love them,but even she was blown away. No need for additional BBQ sauce for these babies! the staff are great, the manager even came over to chat with us and ask how everything was, after he overheard us waiting for a table saying it was highly recommended. He then informed us they just celebrated their 1st year anniversary. We were in shock that they hadn't been around longer and that they only have 2 locations. As well its a family atmosphere.

The only thing I was not a fan of was the side dishes. The mixed veggies were soggy and very unhealthy. I will say though, the sides were not over sized as they tend to be at a lot of American restaurants i've been to over the past few years.

I would love, love, love to head back there right now to have another rack if the caloric intake wasn't so high :P.

There are newer reviews for Memphis Barbecue Co.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

During my 4 day stay in the area, I ate the ribs twice. On both occasions the waiters where great. YOu start off with basket of fresh fried pork skins. I am already trying to figure out way to get ribs again. It was recommended by the staff I get the dry ribs and add their sauce. I would order this again and again. I also ordered the baked beans both times and they were very good. The first time I got the potato salad but the next time I ordered the mac and cheese. I will get the beans and mac and cheese next time also. It comes with a cornbread that I dont' really care about. My own cornbread is better. But I am dreaming of those ribs!!!!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Everyone said this was the one to try and it was very good. The ribs, pork, and sausage were better than most. I'd go back again

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was vacationing and hitting some of the places I've seen on Diners, driveins and dives. I went twice. Once for the burgers and finally the ribs. Smoked, tender, and seasoned perfectly. I don't know enough superlatives to describe how perfectly the food is prepared. Service was great. I was made to feel like a regular. The portions were abundant. I almost felt like I was short changing them when I paid the bill. You get more than you pay for in quality, quantity and deliciousness.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I've eaten here serveral times and have never had a bad experience. The first time I tried the pulled pork sandwich which was good. I snuck a rib off m wife's plate during that visit and have been hooked on the ribs ever since. I get the dry ribs each time and I've never had a bad rib yet. It gets busy here at times so, sometimes the wait can be long. Located right off I-55 @ Goodman Road.