“Great bbq close to our hotel”

Memphis Barbecue Co.
Ranked #1 of 55 Restaurants in Horn Lake
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
St. Albert, Canada
“Great bbq close to our hotel”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

My wife and I decided to go here as it was basically across the street from the La Quinta Inn.

We were seated quickly and service was very good. The missus enjoyed her smoked turkey club. Tasty, but a bit too salty. I had the combo bbq plate and it was gooood. Brisket and sausage, along with turnip greens, grits and cornbread. Would have liked more brisket, but the pieces I had I old cut with a knife. The sides were good and the cornbread was decent.

Atmosphere was good, we would go back.

• Visited February 2013

Berlin, Wisconsin
“yum”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We had lunch here...wet ribs with baked beans, mac and cheese and bbq spaghetti. We also had a side of melted cheesey, gooey, yummy fritters. Other than the spaghetti, everything was delicious. Service great and the place has a lovely aroma of smoked ribs.

• Visited February 2013
“Better than Corky's”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Wow, we have not lived in Memphis for three years. We were back visiting recently and our friends that live in Horn Lake invited us out. We have not even heard of this place. Our friends took us here and we were very impressed with the atmosphere and the food. The portions were abundant for the price. We are a family of four and had plenty to bring home. For around $10 a person it was well worth the trip and our time.

Huntsville, Alabama
“Not that great...quite disappointed”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We were going to be in this area and decided to check out this place after having seen it on Diners Drive-Ins and Dives. We were just disappointed overall. My husband and I are both great cooks and love to try new places and great food when we are out of town. This was not great. Maybe it was just a bad day or something but we got an order of the cheese fritters appetizer, they were scorched on the outside, not done in the center. The ribs, brisket and pulled pork were ok but nothing special...nowhere as good as what we can fix at home or as what you can get in several places in neighboring states like AL and TN. Just not a great experience for us.

• Visited January 2013
Sarah, MS
“My steak was perfect but the ribs SUCKED!!!”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Had to check the food out after watching the owner win on BBQ Pitmasters. I ordered a ribeye steak with loaded baked potato and my boyfriend ordered the baby back ribs. I requested my steak medium rare (which I never do at a restaurant) because I figured they knew what they were doing in the kitchen, for my steak they did, not my boyfriends ribs. They left the membrane on the ribs, making them very tough. You could pick the rack up and shake it up and down, it didn't move, hard as a rock. He wasn't going to say anything until the waitress asked him how they were. He said "terrible" and she laughed thinking he was joking. He proceeded to explain how bad they were, she apologized, then the manager came over to see what was wrong with them. My boyfriend told the same thing and showed how hard they were, the manager took his ribs and his tea off the bill. I would go again, but I wouldn't order the ribs and neither would my boyfriend.

• Visited January 2013