“oh my!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Ok, so I have heard nothing but wonderful things about this place. Went here for myself for the 1st time last night, although been told for the last 6months I MUST visit. Very clean place,super efficient staff with very good personalities. Food. Where oh where do I start. The bbq IS to die for. We had babyback ribs half wet half dry. Sooo very yummy. However, do not ever order seafood here. I added the grilled shrimp and grilled salmon to hubbies entree. For the sides he ordered the redbeans and rice and the bbq spaghetti. The shrimp was AWFUL!!! Very fishy tasting. I could not eat it. I ate half of the salmon, it was only ok. Redbeans and rice VERY yummy as well,but the bbq spaghetti was soooo gross. Then there is dessert. OMG!!!!! THE. BEST. CREME' BRULEE. I. HAVE. EVER. HAD!!!! EVER!!!!!!!! It has this blackberry compote on the bottom of the custurd and top cooked to perfection. The plate is drizzled in the blackberry sauce with a dollop of REAL whipped cream. We told the waiter how in love we were with it and the chef sent out a second complimentary!! Was in heaven for sure! Soooo, if you go, and I highly suggest you do, stick to the ribs and dessert and maybe some redbeans and rice and you will be ok;)

1  Thank RAChampeau

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Top-notch pulled pork and ribs (ate there twice in a three-day stay). Excellent, friendly, quick, no-nonsense service. Pleasant atmosphere. Reasonable prices. Nice local beer available. In my books, this restaurant can't be beat and is a reason in itself to visit Memphis.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

We ate here tonight after a flowing recommendation from the lady at the reception of our hotel. Usually we are skeptical of hotel restaurant recommendations, but gave it a try. We were so glad we did! Everyone's meals were declared divine. I had the baby back ribs and they were fabulous! I'm wondering how we can fit in another kit before we leave...

Reviewed July 31, 2012

We stopped in the Memphis area on the way to our vacation destination, and I scouted ahead to find a good restaurant. When I saw this place rated #2 on TripAdvisor, I realized I had also heard about them on TV a week before (something about bbq pit masters). I love good bbq, but it is really hard to find (and there are so many styles!), so I had to try this one.

I must say, the ribs and brisket are *the* best I've had. My wife normally isn't a ribs person, but she absolutely loved them (we split a 3-meat combo). Definitely loved the fried-green tomatoes, and my wife adored the potato salad (reminded her of her mom's).

Anyway, we loved it so much that before we finished the meal, we vowed to return on the trip back... and we ordered the same meal again (except onion rings instead of mac-n-cheese for one of the sides). This time, the brisket was even better!

Side note... you can order the ribs 'dry' or 'wet'. We ordered dry, so we could have the option to add bbq sauce (which is at the table) according to our own taste.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Around July 4th, I saw a video of Melissa Cookston on Fox, showing how to cook perfect ribs. I tried her method with excellent results. With more research I saw that she had a restaurant in Horn Lake, MS, just south of Memphis. Her team was also the Grand Champion of the Memphis in May barbeque contest in 2012.

My family and I ate there at lunch on July 24th. I was worried that we would have to wait for seating as the parking lot was nearly full. We arrived toward the end of the lunch rush and were seated immediately. I ordered a half slab of ribs that came with my choice of steamed vegetables and barbecue beans. When the order came out, I thought that I wouldn't be able to eat all those ribs. However, the ribs were excellent - very tender with a nice smoke flavor and awesome sauce (You can order the ribs wet or dry). The beans were very good too. Our server was very attentive and corrected a miscommunication on my tea.

I really liked the ribs. For me, the flavor was just right - nicely smoked but not overdone, with a nice bark and a tangy sauce. I decided to buy a package of the sauce and rub to try at home. The others in my party shared a rib basket appetizer which was very good also, with onion rings and ribs.

I'm sure we will visit again when we are in Memphis.

2  Thank PhxPhlash