“Great Stay”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Horn Lake
Pineville, Louisiana
“Great Stay”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

From the professional at the front desk to the smell of the fresh popcorn a very pleasant arrival. Our suite was outstanding andmademy wife very happy. If youare inthe area this is a great choice. The only criticism is the lack of signs to help find the entrance.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Louisiana
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Very convenient location on I-55 just south of Memphis and for me a day's drive from home. Staff is friendly and the amenities are great. There's a hearty breakfast and a evening snack that can actually be a meal.

Our room this time was on one of the top floors and faced the road and that was a downfall. The street noise was pretty loud and so i will ask for a room closer to the ground and facing the hotel next door on my next visit.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Mt. Vernon
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Very nice hotel and an incredible value. Each guest gets a drink card good for 3 free drinks in the lobby between 4:30PM and 7PM. Plus they serve a free 3 or 4 course meal during the social...and it's good. When traveling by car down I-55, this has become our favorite place to stay. And, for great Memphis Barbecue, the Memphis Barbecue Company restaurant is located directly across the road from the Drury.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Rich H
St. Louisis, Missouri, USA
Reviewed September 17, 2012

The hotel is ideally located next to the interstate. The room was nice and breakfast was good, f but was very busy took awhile to get a seat. The hotel is right in the flight path of planes landing at Memphis airport, which wouldn't a problem unless you might be traveling young children.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Headed down south in the midst of Hurricane Issac coming ashore and the hotel seemed to have a few evacuees from Louisiana. I only point this out because it still wasn't as hard as I expected it would be to get a room here. I really hate getting in after that snack hour and missing it but came in at the right time, unfortunately my partner wanted to eat somewhere else...no nachos and beer for me, sad face. The room was comfortable, not brand new but quite clean and the beds were nice as well. Still can't get used to those shampoo dispensers they seem to have in Drury Inns but I'm not going to complain about them, just an FYI to travelers. The room was quiet as well.

Awesome breakfast, readily available hot foods and drinks. Didn't interact with the staff that much but they seemed nice from a distance. Considering the fact that I'm a bit of a germophobe and generally am not a fan of traveling overnight to stay in a hotel (more of a camper, although the wind and rain made me appreciate the cool, dry room), I can say I've never really had a bad experience with any Drury Inn, and this Southhaven/Horn Lake location did not let me down!

Room Tip: The minus I guess is that we were way away from the elevators which could be a plus or minus however...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Gulf Shores, Alabama
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We have stayed at this Drury on many occasions. Our reasons for staying at this hotel begin with their pet friendly policy. They have clean rooms with comfortable beds. Evening food/beverage reception and decent breakfast options at no additional charge. We've always been comfortable BUT this trip absolutely blew us away. Everyone was friendly & welcoming and I truly mean EVERYONE. As we peeled ourselves out of the car to check in, staff members were leaving and still greeted us & asked how we were doing as they headed out. Friendly courteous staff at check in, welcomed our K9 too. We brought our belongings and animals upstairs and settled in. I then took the K9 for a walk and as I passed the front desk, was asked if everything was ok in our room and if we required anything else. When I returned, they had fresh pop corn for guests. Our dog was greeted by a few more staff members. Early evening, we came down for the hot foods and adult beverages. There were several staff members helping things move along. We met the Mgr. and chatted with various people. Again everyone was really genuinely NICE.
In the morning breakfast was well stocked and kept that way throughout the breakfast hours. (I'm used to one attendant at self serve breakfasts in hotels-but here there were lots of helpers)
We stayed for 3 days and each evening/morning was a repeat. We mentioned how attentive the staff was to the Mgr. He seemed pleased with our observation. The last time we had this kind of attention was at a 5 star resort. I noted that the staff worked as a team. I noticed people coming from the check in desk to the food service area to help out. Having a staff working as a cohesive team is a feat worthy of mention. Bravo Drury, I was duly impressed!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TheRealMaria
Missouri
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Just like the title the hotel was clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful. Even though this hotel is in the flight path to the airport I did not hear the planes. Nice breakfast and snacks/food in the evenings. If I'm in the area again, I would stay here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Home2 Suites By Hilton Memphis - Southaven
La Quinta Inn & Suites Horn Lake / Southaven Area
Candlewood Suites Memphis - Southaven
Holiday Inn Southaven - Central

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Memphis Southaven? Share your experiences!