“Great Hotel”

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Horn Lake
Key West, United States
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We usually choose Hampton Inn Suites or Holiday Inn Express but thought we would give Best Western a try since the ad said the hotel was new. We have now added Best Western Plus hotels to our list of hotels that we consider anytime. Check them out! Everything was comparable to the other chains. Clean, comfortable, friendly even the nightly fresh cookies and a full hot breakfast bar.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Management-25096, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Goodman Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you so much for your recommendation. We appreciate you giving us a chance and staying with us. Our staff strives to be warm, friendly and helpful. I’m glad to know they made an impression on you. I hope you will come again soon. P.S. We love the cookies and lemonade too, in the cold month we put out delicious hot chocolate!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here after booking via Hotwire but will stay here again if i end up in area again. We stayed here before going to see Graceland. Some fast food options where not far to feed us after a tiring drive. Room where top notch, after an initial problem where our keys wouldn't work, this seamed to really concern who was behind desk and he did all he could to solve this ( this was on 15 Oct 2013 in evening if hotel manager reads this) as well as help us with a non us out with a non Hotel issue. Hotel should be proud of employing staff like this. Beds where super comfortable too, just a shame we had to get up so early for our plans. Also Breakfast was good just what i expect from a Best Western!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
We sure do appreciate all of your compliments !! Comments like this one motivate our entire team and it makes them work even harder to make our guests happy. If we can be of any assistance to you in the futrure please do not hesitate to call us. We all thank you for choosing to Stay With People Who Care !! Thank you once again.
georgia
Reviewed September 25, 2013

This hotel is located near I55 and US 78. The drive is easy if you plan to visit Memphis. There are a number of restaurants nearby to choose from. Our room was on the backside of the hotel and it was quiet. It featured a small sofa and an odd "L" extension to the room where a rollaway or your suitcases could be placed. The continental breakfast had a good selection including scrambled eggs and bacon etc.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the backside of the hotel for quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Management-25096, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Goodman Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Texarkana, Texas, United States
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel before and we liked it enough to stay again. However this time we stayed in room 220 which was right next to the stairwell. The door to the stairwell was broken so the door 'slammed' every time it was opened and closed. There was a sign on the door saying "please close door quietly" so the staff new it was broken. It slammed all night keeping me awake until after two a.m. and woke me up around five a.m. When I complained to the desk there response was "sorry". Knowing they had a maintenance issue I don't think they should have rented the room. Three hours sleep was a bad way to start my mini vacation and the fact that the In keeper didn't seem to care either way likely prevents me from being able to recommend. The room seemed clean enough overall but the couch was stained badly enough that I didn't sit on it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

First of all, thank you for your review and your stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. Your satisfaction is my number one concern so I appreciate you bringing the door to my attention. We are always looking for ways to improve our property. We are currently investigating the problem and are looking into replacing the door. We have had a previous comment about the door and we are having some one come out to see what we can do to take care of the problem. Again, I apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I hope you give us another chance to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area. Please know that your business is incredibly important to us and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered.
st louis
Reviewed September 22, 2013

The soundproofing is horrible at best at this hotel. We stayed in a room near the stairs and you can hear the doors slam loudly all night long. Also, the ceiling/floor is paper thin and creeks very loudly and you can clearly hear footsteps loudly from the room above (we stayed on the third floor.) It was absolutely impossible to get good rest here. We also overheard some ladies at breakfast with the same complaints.

We went here based on the great reviews. That was a big mistake.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here make sure you get the top floor far away from the stairs.
Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
First of all, thank you for your review and your stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. Your satisfaction is my number one concern so I appreciate you bringing the door to my attention. We are always looking for ways to improve our property. We are currently investigating the problem and are looking into replacing the door. Again, I apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I hope you give us another chance to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area. Please know that your business is incredibly important to us and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered.
ann arbor, United States
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for business. The employees at this hotel were very friendly, professional and genuine. The bed is one of the most comfortable I have ever slept on. Great value too. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Great location, close to freeway but not too close, lots of good restaurants in the area, great staff. I we would certainly stay at his property again. For the price that we paid, it was an outstanding hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

hank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. All of us at Best Western Plus are passionate about hospitality and we hope to see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horn Lake
Drury Inn & Suites Memphis Southaven
La Quinta Inn & Suites Horn Lake / Southaven Area
Home2 Suites By Hilton Memphis - Southaven
Candlewood Suites Memphis - Southaven
Holiday Inn Southaven - Central
Hilton Garden Inn Memphis Southaven

Been to Best Western Plus Goodman Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!