“very nice place close to Graceland”

Best Western Plus Goodman Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Horn Lake
st louis, mo
“very nice place close to Graceland”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Booked at last minute online and was worried because such a great rate. No need to worry. Very nice place, near highway and lots of food options. Comfortable beds. Only complaint was upon arrival. There was no one at the front desk and 2 other guests in front of us waiting for service. Literally 5 minutes of waiting. I even phoned and got the voice mail, phoned again and the girl finally came out to answer without even acknowledging us. She appeared annoyed with her job. flopped down on a seat and huffed while waiting on us. Not dressed in a professional way either. A second person came out very pleasant and dressed appropriately. I don't usually comment on that, but it went with the attitude. Also, upon leaving realized we left a childs toy behind. When I called back the gentleman said he checked lost and found. I told him I thought it went under the tv so may not have been seen. His response was to call back the next day. Didn't offer to take info and call back or anything like that

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Management-25096, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Goodman Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you so much for your review and feedback. I am very sorry for the problems that occurred during your stay. I will discuss this with my fellow managers and our front desk staff. Please call the hotel or email us at bestwesternhornlake@yahoo.com so that we may help you locate your child's toy and we will send it by mail to you. We understand that every toy a child has, has a special place in their heart and we would like to get that back to him. We hope that you will visit us again real soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Lawson, Missouri, United States
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This is a very nice hotel, the rooms are lovely and clean. The lobby is nice, the grounds are well kept. I made a reservation about 6 weeks in advance but when I got there, the reservation had been cancelled by the office the day after I made it and the hotel was booked. Not exactly clear what happened there but it may behoove anyone making a reservation to double check and make sure it is still holding before you arrive. Fortunately someone at the desk had a room they weren't needing so I was given that one, on the fourth floor. The elevator is very small and slow. I was there with dogs for the dog show but it was better than not having a room. There is a nice free breakfast but the coffee is weak if you are needing caffeine. Overall, this was by far the best Best Western I have stayed in for a long time. If I were to go back to this area, I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review and feedback. I am terribly sorry for the mixup with your reservation. We will discuss this in our weekly management meeting to see why this occurred. We hope that you will visit us again soon.
Cape Girardeau, Missouri, USA
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Best Western Plus Goodman Inn & Suites was such a wonderful surprise. I've stayed at other Best Western's, but this is by far the best one! We had a king room that was very spacious, very clean and the desk staff (Cici I believe) was so nice. There is a convenience/gas store on the same road for room snacks and fueling up before continuing on your journey. We enjoyed Memphis BBQ Company and Waffle house, also just up the road...only took a couple of minutes to get there. Such and easy place to find and just off of I-55 made this the perfect place for us to break up our trip. Can't wait to visit Horn Lake again and we'll definately be staying at Best Western Plus Goodman Inn & Suites.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review and feedback. We are very proud of the wonderful staff we have, and glad to hear you enjoyed your stay so much. We also appreciate all of your compliments !! Comments like this one motivate our entire team and it makes them work even harder to make our guests happy. If we can be of any assistance to you in the futrure please do not hesitate to call us. We all thank you for choosing to Stay With People Who Care !! Thank you once again.
illinois
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed here June 29, 2013. The halls are a bit wild with the carpet and wall designs, but everything was just as we wanted. It was clean, quiet and the location was perfect during our trip. The refridgerator/ freezer was perfect for us to unpack the ice chest over night. The neighborhood is good as well. I would suggest this hotel for an over night stay. Abbie and the manager that evening were also wonderfully helpful in helping us get checked in. Thank you so much!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Management-25096, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Goodman Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
I and my fellow managers greatly appreciate this review. We do put a great deal of time into training, as well as making our guests' stays a great experience. I am glad to see the cleanliness, attitude of the staff, and our location all exceed your expectations as a guest. The individuals mentioned in this review are all great assets to our property. We understand that their efforts are pivotal to our success and have all been acknowledged for their dedication each day. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and come see us again in the near future!
Louisiana, United States
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Nice looking place only a few blocks from interstate, but far enough away not to hear the freight trucks going by all night. Lots of good eats nearby. Just a couple miles from TN line so very convenient to Memphis.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for your review and feedback. We love the great location that we are in, and glad to hear you enjoyed your stay so much. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the Memphis area.
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed July 6, 2013

My family and I was traveling from Michigan, It was late we were exhausted, we decided to stay here best choice we made. The staff was very nice and very helpful, the hotel was clean and we were able to get a good night sleep and had a good breakfast in the morning. Thank you staff for all your help we travel from Michigan to Mississippi often and if we get restless Best Western Horn Lake, Ms is where we will be coming.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Adrienne M
Management-25096, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Goodman Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. All of us at Best Western Plus Goodman Inn & Suites are passionate about hospitality and we hope to see you again soon.
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Gorgeous Hotel!This place is Amazing., The Staff are so Helpful. The Breakfast is Free and Delicious ! This HOTEL is Better than any Hotel in Memphis and Mississippi!! I sRENTED the main meeting room the decor is fabulous and the parkinf is free. The rooms are nicey done and Beds Dreamy!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Management-25096, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Goodman Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. I am also pleased that you enjoyed all of the amenities that we offer and our modern decor. We hope to be able to assist you in any upcoming events that you may have. We look forward to you staying with us again real soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horn Lake
Home2 Suites By Hilton Memphis - Southaven
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#8 of 10 in Horn Lake

Been to Best Western Plus Goodman Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!