“I Really enjoyed my stay at Best Western Plus Goodman Inn & Suites!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Goodman Inn & Suites

BEST WESTERN PLUS Goodman Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Horn Lake
Orlando, Florida
“I Really enjoyed my stay at Best Western Plus Goodman Inn & Suites!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

Staying at the Best Western in Horn Lake, MS, was the best choice i made since this was a tough choice to make with all the other Hotels in the area! It had so many of the features i wanted at the exact price and location i needed as well. Things such as, free wifi, complimentary breakfast, full and hot, indoor-heated pool and jacuzzi, Happy Hour bar and Sundry Shop all in one place! I loved the friendly staff, esp. the ladies at the front desk they were so helpful in letting me know about all the amenities right up front at check-in. Also housekeeping here does a great job, everything was spic-and-span, no worries about staying in a soiled hotel because this place wasn't one of those places! Also, i loved that they were quiet so that my family and I could get a goodnights rest and that they were prompt with wake-up calls so that we could experience all the attractions of the Memphis area! Thanks Best Western!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Management-25096, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Goodman Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Downers Grove, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the Best Western Plus in Horn Lake, Mississippi during a trip from Chicago to New Orleans. I was traveling with a group of 11 adults. We had multiple rooms, and were checking in later in the evening. The staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating as 11 of us rolled in, luggage in tow all at once. We were checked in and directed to our rooms quickly and with some very friendly conversation with the hotel staff. The facility itself was very clean and looked very new. Didn’t have much time to watch TV, but it did have a nice flat screen in the room. The room was very spacious and comfortable. I was particularly impressed with the king sized memory foam mattress. Needless to say I slept very well that night. Upon leaving the next morning we were able to take advantage of the complimentary breakfast that included, Belgium waffles, cereal, juice and other miscellaneous items. We were pressed for time so this type of breakfast was ideal. The price was not outrageous, but perhaps slightly higher than I might expect to pay for a 2 ½ star hotel in a rural area, but the friendly hospitality, cleanliness of the facility, and quality of the room made it worth it. I highly recommend the staff and facility of Best Western Plus, in Horn Lake, Mississippi, and if I have the opportunity would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Management-25096, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Goodman Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Guest,
We are happy that we have provided you the services you deserve and met your expectations. We also appreciate you for mentioning how friendly and dedicated our staff is. We assure you that we will always commit to our goal which to provide simple but yet awesome service like no other hotels can offer. Thank you also recommending us to your friends and family. We can’t wait to serve you again on your future trips.
St. Louis, MO
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

I use Tripadvisor every time I plan my trip and let me just start off by saying if you're used to staying in nice hotels that aren't too expensive but still comfortable and modern/updated then you do not want to stay here.
Good Things: Well located, cheap rates, & beautiful hotel and decor
Negatives: #1 Walls/Doors are so thin you can clearly hear people across the hall and in the room next to you. We could hear who our neighbors were talking to on the phone, people down the hall who had a baby, and the room across the hall who had a party the first night. After complaining we were told we couldn't move because they were booked, and someone would follow up with us but they didn't. (Oh and for it to be a newer hotel, we were missing a big tile out of the bathroom wall and you could see mold starting to form)
#2 We kept getting locked out of our room, the keys would not work and they had to bring a special key thingy to open the door both nights we stayed. This is a little frustrating when you come back from a day out with the kids and can't get into your room and your on the 4th floor. The second night it happened the lady on night shift said she noted it for them to follow up with us that day and didn't understand why they didn't.
#3 When we complained to the supposed "nicest person" everyone keeps referring to we were treated like a bother, told she was never made aware of the issues (even though notes were supposedly entered) and told we would be called that same day (because we were checking out) and never heard back.
Basically we will never go back to this hotel and it almost deterred us from staying at another Best Western. We have to pass back thru Memphis to get home and lets just say we'll be across the highway at another hotel.There are too many hotels in that area (the one's on the other side of the hwy are closer to the mall and all the restuarants) to spend my money here. You're better off at motel 6 ~

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Emily H
Management-25096, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Goodman Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
We are deeply sorry if you were met with unpleasant circumstances during your stay with us. It is disheartening to know that we fell short in delivering to you the quality service we aim. Your feedback regarding the noisy environment, as well as the lock problems and staff demeanor has greatly caught our attention. All the concerns you raised will be put in meticulous evaluation and be given prompt actions. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and giving us a chance to correct our deficiencies. We hope that you will reconsider and visit us again.
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

This is my first time staying here and although I was a little bit weary because my husband had made the reservations on Hotwire I was very impressed. I was expecting to get to a hotel and find it Nast with people that were rude but that was not the case. I guess you should never judge beforehand. All of the staff was very kind. When we arrived we were informed that we was booked into a room with 2 beds, we asked if there was anyway possible if she could switch us to a one bed, the lady at the desk, Abbie, was very nice, she was in training and wasn't sure how to switch it but she got her manager and th manager made the switch for us! I was so impressed that she went the extra step to do that for us, when she could have just lied and said it wasn't available, so I would like to thank her for that and the manager, I think her name was Amanda but not quite sure, the rooms were clean and cozy, the bed was excellent, my husband even got the serial number off so we can try to get us one like that at home, we did not take advantage of the wifi or pool, we were too exhausted but we did eat the breakfast that morning and was immensely impressed with the breakfast attendant. I never got her name but she was a tall skinny black lady with really short hair. She kept the food stocked and the bar cleaned. She also went from table to table seeing if we needed anything else and taking dirty plates. I have stayed t a lot of hotels and i have never seen a breakfast attendant do this! I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: All rooms I am sure will be as comfortable as the one I was in
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Management-25096, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Goodman Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
We appreciate the time you took to share to us your wonderful experience. We couldn’t be happier to know that we have served you well during your entire stay. We always aim to give quality service to our valued guests, and for you to commend our staff with the services they’ve shown is enough reward for the hard work they put in to meet your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Hayti, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

I stayed here to be close to the airport for an early morning flight for one night last month. The location was perfect (and only 10 minutes from the airport) and the service was wonderful. The room was much larger than I thought and had not one, but two widescreen televisions (one was humongous). It's sort of a pity that I didn't have much time for TV while I was staying there.

The beds were comfortable and the hotel was clean. But most of all, things were quiet - which is necessary for a good night's sleep, which I had.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank robm103
Management-25096, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Goodman Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
We sincerely appreciate the time you took to write us your wonderful feedback. We are more than happy to know that we have made your experience a comfortable one. The positive remarks pertaining to our hotel location, services and amenities, has greatly motivated us to do so much more for our valued guests to deliver the best service they deserve. We look forward to be of service to you again.
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

The hotel is beautiful and well located. I go there every 2 weeks.Everybody is very nice.
But the best of them all is Panda, she usually works on wednesday to sundays. What a nice person. She treats you like family always has a smile...................it's a real pleasure to see that there are still great people out there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank eric o
Management-25096, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Goodman Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for this wonderful feedback. We admire your loyalty to Best Western Plus. Our customer service staff is our best asset and we are always committed to provide you quality services. It is a nice feeling to know that our customers always have a great time at Best Western Plus. We can’t wait to serve you again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horn Lake
Drury Inn & Suites Memphis Southaven
La Quinta Inn & Suites Horn Lake / Southaven Area
Home2 Suites By Hilton Memphis - Southaven
Candlewood Suites Memphis - Southaven
Holiday Inn Southaven - Central
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Southaven / Memphis

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Goodman Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!