“Highly recommend...”

Best Western Plus Goodman Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Horn Lake
Reviewed June 21, 2012

This was our first time stay at this hotel. Attended a concert at the nearby Snowden Grove Ampitheater. Had all the amenities we look for in a hotel...Great value. Room/bathroom were large with modern fixtures. Didn't feel cramped. Rooms were very clean. King bed was very comfortable. Climate control was easy with wall panel. Nice 42" flat screen tv that I was able to use as a monitor for my laptop. Furniture was conveniently arranged so there was a desk to set the laptop on while it was connected to the tv. Free high speed Internet worked very well. Plenty of options with the full breakfast included. Good food quality. The lobby, lounge and swimming pool area had modern decor. The exterior was nicely decorated and updated with lighted parking. They have a happy hour but did not participate. All the staff gave a warm welcome/departure and made sure we had a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for spending some time in making this wonderful review. We are glad that you had a great time during your stay at Best Western Plus. We are also happy that our services, accommodation and location have met your expectations. We always aim to provide you the services more than what you pay for. Rest assured that this will be maintained and we will improve what needs to be improved. Thank you.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

Good experience. Stayed overnight on a Friday, quiet and clean. Only a few minutes from the Landers/DeSoto Center. Very convenient, lots of resturants close to chose from. We will stay here again when in this area. Hotel was full of ball teams and still it was very quiet.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for spending some time in making this review. We are glad that you enjoyed our services and our location is accessible to any of your transactions. We assure you that we will continue to provide you services more than what you pay for.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

This was a great experience! They were very polite. The clerk was very helpful!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011
Management-25096, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Goodman Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

Dear Guest,
We are happy to know that we have made a difference on your stay. Rest assured that we will keep on meeting your needs and expectations. We are looking forward to serving you again. Thank you so much.

Reviewed May 22, 2012

We stayed there in 2010 and it was a pleasant stay. We are going back so I did what I always do and picked the same lodging. Now we havent even arrived and things are not going well. They gave me a certain rate 3 months ago and now (since the person who booked it is no longer employed there) they won't honor it. They can't find a signed contract...imagine that!!! The lady said "WE HAVE TO DRAW THE LINE SOMEWHERE" and this is the rate! I don't just have 1 room booked, I have 12 rooms for 2 nights each! The difference is $7.19 per room. I hope things get better from here. For 2 years I have recommended this place to other teams that are in the area for baseball tournaments. I assure you that $7.19 they could invest into satisfying this customer would make them thousands in the future.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Tony M
Management-25096, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Goodman Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. We appreciate you as a customer, and by that we value your business with us. We apologize for the short coming that was made from our end. Rest assured that we will make some changes regarding the flaws in our service. Thank you so much.

Reviewed April 27, 2012

We went to the room after checking in and the room was not cleaned. It had been destroyed! They said the computer said that it had been cleaned so it must be a computer glitch. Anyway, they had to call a housekeeper from home to come in to clean the room because they had all left for the day. After a 5 hour ride from St. Louis, we waited for two hours for the room to finally get cleaned after the housekeeper arrived. Bad first impression. The next night the electronic lock to our room somehow broke and they didn't know how to fix it. I had to stay in the room to let my family back in because if we all left they would have to call a locksmith to open the door. I spoke with the manager who kept apologizing but refused to give us a discount or comp the room for our inconviences. I will never stay at your hotel again. I thought a sales manager's job was to make sure that guests actually come back to the hotel. Don't waste your money. There are other nice places in Horn Lake to stay that actual care about your satisfaction.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else in Horn Lake.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Shaydbrown
Management-25096, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Goodman Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2012

Dear Guest,
We sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences that you have experienced during your stay. This incident is on top of our priority. We will further discuss solutions for us to improve our services and cater the needs of our valued customers like you. We respect your feedback and the voice of our customers really matters to us. Rest assured that on your next stay, you will have a wonderful experience that you truly deserve. Thank you.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

I agree with the others that this property has a very strange vibe to it.

The appearance initially is that of new and modern. However, once you head towards your room, you realize it is of very poor quality. I was greeted in the elevator with a couple of empty beer cans. My room was on the top floor (4th) which is apparently utilized for the large extended family of the owner.

After going to sleep, I was awaken around midnight to door slamming and loud conversations in the hall. After several minutes of this, I opened the door and found a middle aged woman standing outside my room. I asked politely if she could keep it down, and it was apparent she spoke little english, nor really cared. The constant door slamming and running from room to room continued for awhile. I finally went back to sleep. Around 2AM, I was again jarred from my sleep by what sounded like a man in my room on the phone. I soon realized he was in the adjoining room, but it was as clear as if he was sitting on my bed. It was a very loud and animated conversation in his native tongue which lasted for quite some time. I finally knocked on the door, which he laughed and kept on talking on the phone.

Upon checkout, I asked about the group on the 4th floor. The desk clerk nervously acknowledged that it was in fact family members of the owner and they camp out there regularly. I kindly asked that the owner contact me as I felt it wasn't right that I paid nearly $100 to him for a nights rest, and his family members deprived me of that. Of course, I never heard from him. I also contacted Best Western, who also assured me there would be a follow up, and of course, nothing from them either.

I will no longer stay in any Best Western property due to this lack of concern. I would have been better off driving all night. I wouldn't have been any less tired, would have arrived much sooner and had an additional $100 in my pocket.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank johnham

Dear Guest,

We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences that you have experienced during your stay. We as well didn’t expect this incident to happen. This feedback will be taken seriously and we assure you that this will also be escalated to our management meeting for us to further improve our services. We hope that you still leave your doors open for Best Western plus to provide you services more than what you pay for. Thank you so much.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

Booked three nights and left after one. booked via hotwire as a 3.5 star hotel, then was allocated a disabled room, with no bathroom furniture. Asked to move to a different room, but refused. Hotel is of poor build quility, and you could hear the next room getting in and out of the bath. Hotel breakfast was a disaster, with guests arriving in night clothes. Moved to a different hotel to get some sleep after one night. Notices were posted throughout the hotel advising of $50 fines if anyone complained of noise, that should have been enough of a warning. Stay somewhere else, or sleep in the car, you will get more sleep.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank gary m

Dear Guest,
We appreciate your time in making this review. We also apologize for the inconveniences that you have experienced. Customers like you are important to us, we want to provide you services that you deserve. Rest assured that this incident will be discussed during our regular meetings and we will be giving due sanctions for those who are accountable. Despite this incident, we still look forward to serving you again in the near future. Thank you

Also consider these accommodations in or near Horn Lake
Comfort Inn
#8 of 10 in Horn Lake
Hilton Garden Inn Memphis Southaven
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Horn Lake

Been to Best Western Plus Goodman Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!