“Book online for best price -- nice, clean property”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Horn Lake / Southaven Area
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Horn Lake
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We checked this La Quinta out online before choosing it among several good options in the Southaven area.

The online advertised AARP/AAA rate was $82.80 for two queen beds, and as we were visiting a relative in the nearby hospital, we refrained from booking online in hopes of getting a reduction at the desk. Although we were told we would be given the hospital rate which was indeed lower than the AARP/AAA rate, our final invoice billed us at the AARP/AAA rate. So, lock in the price via online or in advance so there is no confusion.

Beyond that, the stay was very good. The first nonsmoking room we were placed in had been smoked in, but the desk manager on duty immediately remedied the situation with a different room, and unbelievably didn't require that we schlep the luggage down to the first floor to exchange room keys. Rather, quite kindly and considerately, he brought the keys to us - which I think is pretty much a new experience in our travels! Very nice.

The property was spotless, room service good, location convenient, beds very comfortable. All told, a good value for $80.00 or $82.80, plus taxes, either way.

Would return. Would book via internet to assure lowest cost.

Room Tip: Check online rates and compare with price quoted by front desk. Third floor, either side of hallway...

Atlanta,Georgia
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I was in towm for a recruiting trip and had a great stay.
The service was great, I picked up dinner and visited the managers reception to enjoy the free drinks.
The front desk was very helpful with notifications as the recruiting canidates arrived.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank CoinstoCash
Kansas
Reviewed January 5, 2013

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We wanted to use La Quinta Inn while we travel to FL so we went through their 1-800 # and booked 4 different hotels over a 7 day period. As we told the reservations that we have a Golden Retriever she informed us that it was ok they are all pet friendly...Our 1st hotel was in Bowling Green, KY and they were AWESOME...clean rooms, staff was great etc...we get to this hotel in Horn Lake, MS and find out that after we checked in & they gave us our keys they asked how big is our dog which we told him and he said I am sorry but we have a 50lb limit...he DID NOT even try to bend rules or contact manager. He was extremely rude and I am not exagerating...I asked for his name & he ignored me until I kept asking and he gave it and as I was walking out the door he said MAKE SURE YOU SPELL IT RIGHT...I would NEVER go back to this hotel ever...customer support called them and he wouldn't bend..we had no idea we needed to check each hotel as this was an experience lesson for us...fortunately all of the remaining La Quinta's take all size dogs so we shall see...

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank D M
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I'm finding La Quintas can be uneven, but this one rivals brands like Hampton Inn. The room was huge and tastefully decorated. My only regret is I arrived after midnight and didn't was back up at 6, so no time to enjoy it.

Breakfast wasn't quite as expansive as a Hampton or even a Sleep Inn, but plenty enough to get me going. I will note though that the cereal dispensers are torture.

I was working in Memphis near the airport and felt this was a much safer area with plenty of restaurants to walk to. I appreciated the express check-out and would definitely stay here again if back in the mid-South.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Holiday Inn Southaven - Central
Hilton Garden Inn Memphis Southaven
Home2 Suites By Hilton Memphis - Southaven
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Horn Lake

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Horn Lake / Southaven Area? Share your experiences!