“Very nice La Q, roomy rooms and helpful desk.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Horn Lake / Southaven Area
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Horn Lake
Reviewed May 9, 2012

We got a late reservation here on a long trip as we felt we could drive further than planned. We have stayed here 2 years ago and knew it was fairly new and nice then, Still the same. We we not able to get our desired 1st floor King suite but did get a nice 2nd floor room with 2 chairs. They were gracious about our parking sideways with our trailer we were towing even though they were almost full. There was a young boy's softball team staying there for a tournament and they had their evening meal of pizza in the breakfast room but the room was suprisingly quiet with all the young folks around! We usually don;t do much of the breakfast but they had the standard waffles, rolls, cereal, biscuits and gravy all arranged nicely. Good location off interstate.

Room Tip: 2nd floor does not have an ice machine.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Horn Lake / Southaven Area

Reviewed April 18, 2012

Great little hotel. Nice safe area just south of, (and not in) Memphis. Stayed here 1 night while travelling from MO to FL. Got the military rate of $85, other rates were reasonable too. Everything seems new, extremely clean & great smelling too. Our only complaint was the mediocre breakfast. Travelling with our doggies; its hard to find nice hotels that allow pets these days, so that was even better!

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Our Family needed a place to stay, it was getting late and we had been traveling all day. I decided to take the Horn Lake exit because of the number of hotels listed on the exit sign. I pulled into the La Quinta Inn and right away knew it was a clean safe place to stay. The rate was a little higher than I wanted to pay but soon discovered there was a baseball tourney in town and nearly all the rooms were full. I happily accepted the room.
The room was very clean and modern. I felt safe. The hotel seemed to be a great business travel hotel. My family enjoyed the pool and the breakfast in the morning. Easy on, Easy off the interstate but you could not hear the road noise from the room.

The beds and pillows were very comfortable.

I was very pleased with the stay and would recommend it as a planned destination for anyone traveling in the South Memphis area.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank chasmofromwisconsin
Reviewed March 12, 2012

The staff was very nice and friendly. It was clean. Love the fish tank in the lobby. The breakfast was great and had lots of choices. They did a great job of keeping it well stocked. We were there for a cheerleading conference, and they handled the large group well. The indoor pool area was really nice for the girls. It was VERY hot when we were there, so it was much needed! Conveniently located to food and shopping. Not far from Graceland. All in all, this was a great place to stay. And the rooms are extremely comfortable and roomy and nicely designed. beds are big and very nice!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2012

A great place to stay right off I-55 and Goodman road.
I had an excellent week while in town training a new employee. My employees and I always chose this location when rooms are available. The location has a continental breakfast with a southern side added. Nothing like biscuits and gravy to start you day. The afternoon reception is a good way to relax after a day in Memphis traffic. The rooms in this hotel are fairly large.

My only issue was housekeeping forgot to leave coffee one time, front desk handled quickly and without issue.

Room Tip: Remember LQ is pet friendly, if you do not like dogs you will not have a good stay. Always go east...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank CoinstoCash
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Work regularly in this area and stay at this Inn 2-4 nights a months on business. No matter what time I roll in, whoever's on duty is friendly and efficient. Rooms are good size with flat screens and comfortable beds. On business travel I can't ask for more. The continental breakfast is ample in a nice clean area with good seating. I always come back.

Room Tip: Convenient to Interstate and restaurants
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 15, 2012

I stayed here before a year ago when just passing through. Now I have to travel to the Horn Lake area for business on a regular basis. Rooms are a good size, staff has been friendly. Decent location, with a large choice of eateries in the area. Has typical contintental breakfast but, is better than many other La Quintas I have stayed (Platinum level Returns member). MAnger's reception is limited, but you got free beer & wings. Don't expect a full meal. FYI, if you can book a room ~2 weeks out you can save $15-20 a night.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Hilton Garden Inn Memphis Southaven
Home2 Suites By Hilton Memphis - Southaven
Holiday Inn Southaven - Central
Candlewood Suites Memphis - Southaven

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Horn Lake / Southaven Area? Share your experiences!