“Once Great, Now Just Very Good...”

Wiseguy's Chicago Pizza
Ranked #2 of 57 Restaurants in Horn Lake
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed November 7, 2018

As a deep dish pizza lover, I used to love this place, and would drive almost an hour to get their authentic Chicago-land food. While I really like their new location, and still love the dogs and Italian beef, the deep-dish has been a bit disappointing. Biggest issue I have is they make the pizza in reverse order. Most great deep dish starts with a good layer of cheese, topped with a huge amount of sausage (or other toppings), and then the crushed tomato sauce goes on top. Wise guys, for some reason, now makes their deep dish like most thin crust pizza is made (cheese on top of toppings on top of sauce). Sounds kind of picky I know, but it makes a difference.

Reviewed September 7, 2018

I never stopped when they were on Hwy 51 they were always surrounded with cars. I went a few weeks ago and now I see why they are always BUSY! Their pizzas are fantastic!! So, from us the get an AAAAA+. And I will be back maybe with a call in this time.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed September 5, 2018

Great first visit at this family restaurant! Being from Chicago, I found the Beefs and the Italian sausage combo sandwiches to be spot on. Have the gravy your way. Light, dipped or dunked! Kids had a hand tossed cheese pizza, which was ok, and the mozzarella was so fresh. Although, I thought I had asked for a thin and crispy. All other pizzas around us at other tables looked good! Topped the night off with the famous Chicago Eli's Cheesecake. The staff were awesome, pleasant, attentive, and just great gals. The new location on 1815 Nail Rd is roomy, has sports tv's and decorated nicely with old Chicago Charm! Will defiantly return to try the Chicago Hotdogs, Polish sausage and Gyros! Prices were decent.

Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

My family and I are big fans of Chicago style pizza, so we were excited to see Wiseguy’s while in town for a few days. The pizza was good, but not quite authentic Chicago style. It was more of a thick crust, cheesy pizza. Still, a nice option from your regular pizza chains.

Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

My family and I like the pizza, we get the garlic base cheese, and usually an order of boneless wings. Pretty good !

Date of visit: August 2018