“Late Night Suprise”

Days Inn - Holly Springs
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Holly Springs
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I arrive late and was very suprised when i opened the door. The receptionist was a little rude but checked me in eventually. the room was clean, well furnished, new flat screen TV and a huge comfortable bed. My only complaint was the bathroom. Whilst the plumbing was OK, a new toilet was needed as this one wobbled and a new shower curtain as it dangled inside the bath and was dangerous. But great value

Room Tip: Again, great value
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stopped at this hotel around 9 pm on a Sunday night en route to Atlanta. We were traveling with three small children so we didn't feel Tupelo was reasonable, so we arrived without reservations. The first clue something was amiss should have been when the lobby was closed and we had to walk up to a very small glassed-in night window. The clerk was the ruddest person I've ever encountered at a hotel check in. We needed two rooms, so she gave us two on opposite sides of the hotel and different floors. The rooms were dirty and ill-kept. In our room, the electrical outlet pulled away from the wall, so I didn't unplug anything for fear of electricution. The door knob on the bath room was barely holding on. My daughter's room was even worse, with floors that hadn't been vacuumed and pubic hair in the shower. Needless to say, we slept on top of the covers. The next morning I noticed what looked like mold in the air conditioner vents. With the lobby closed, breakfast was set up in a entry way. It consisted of coffee and cookies. We noticed that other residents were driving down the street to get breakfast takeout. It is a pet friendly hotel, but I really felt sorry for the animals because they had no choice in staying in the place. What I observed was not from animals, it was from human neglect. All this for more than $70.00 per room per night! My husband learned the lobby was closed as part of a conversion for the owners' living quarters. The hotel is listed as "Independently Owned and Operated", but I recommend Days Inn reconsider their endorsement of this property. There is a new Econo Lodge at the same exit, so if you must stop in Holly Springs, that might be a better choice. My family will not stay at the Days Inn again under any circumstances.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 4, 2012

After having such a bad experience at another hotel in the area, I went to the Days Inn. This was a very pleasant experience. The rooms were very clean, and the staff was extremely pleasant. Mrs. Patel was a pleasant person and very helpful. She made our experience a much better stay for the last 2 days we were in Mississippi. I will definitely stay there again. Thanks for such a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 12, 2012

I had to walk to the front desk at least 7 times on a bad leg. The person refused to move me to another room and was very rude. had no maintenece person on duty to fix my lock. all she would do is take the master key and get me in while acting as if it was just too much trouble. All this for one night stay. wanted to move me to a double and up the charge, i felt after all the trouble I went through dealing with this idiot they should have put me anywhere I wanted. Could not climb stairs, she offered upstairs room only when there were plenty of doubles availiable downstairs. Goodbye and good riddance.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else if you want decent service and communication.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 30, 2012

the place looks out of buss but its not. bed was comfy air worked good slep good thats all that counts.we travel in for racing stayed before an will continue to stay as long as its the cheapist in holly. thanks

Room Tip: stayed in 205 it was nice
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 22, 2011

The receptionist had an attitude problem which did not bode well for my pre-booked 2 night stay. The room, however, was adequate, for the price. Very comfortable bed and a quiet location. I was having a good nights sleep UNTIL I was woken at 07.48 by a phone call asking whether I wanted my room serviced. I don't like being woken at the best of times.
Having toured the town the night before and not located a reasonable restaurant, this tipped me to cancelling my second night and moving on.
I can't really see why anyone would want to visit Holly Springs as a tourist destination, but if passing through, pick another hotel.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else unless you want an early, unplanned, alarm call
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank ManicUSAVisitor
Reviewed February 16, 2011

Drippy bath facet that was VERY annoying. Room was clean. Internet was free, but I had to ask for the password. I was going to stay in Tupelo, MS but they had a Furnature Convention so all of the prices were maxed out at every Hotel or Motel. They do not have a contential breakfast, but they do have a restraunt on site. Don't bother asking for a military discount because they only give one for a room with a double bed. Then it is the same price as a room with a single bed, $65.40 with tax. No microwave. I had to park on the other side of the building for the night or had the option of parking in front of the Motel. My room was at the very back of the Motel. I did check it at 930 pm. Older Motel with obvious signs of water damage and poor repairs (I'm not going to get into what I saw on the outside). Staff was outside talking on her phone and didn't end it untill I was ready to walk inside to get the room. She also received two phone calls on her cell phone while I was checking in. She actually answered both of them and told them that she would have to call them back. The restraunt typacally closed at 1000 pm was closed by the time I got there. I wouldn't recommend it based on the price vs. problems and amenties. For what I observed I wouldn't expect to pay over $40 for a Motel room like this one. The only thing that was automated was swiping my card to get paid that I still had to sign. For what I observed it made me check the bed sheets. I barely got them turned back and I saw that they were dirty. Looks like I'm sleeping on the comforter fully clothed. Then I went and looked at the bath tub. It was obvious that the bottom hadn't been scrubbed in a couple of weeks. The bath mat had black stains on it. The towels and wash clothes looked liked they were thrown on the shelf in the bathroom but appeard to be clean at first glance. The lamp that appeared to have two plugin sockets now only has one and has dust all over it. The cord to the lamp with the socket had a black soot on it that may have been from a vacume running over it. The cord did not appear to be damaged. Lets hope my computer doesn't blow up because of how the room is positioned it was the only place that I could plug my laptop in for power. I would take more pictures and post them but it's just not worth my time and the money that I spent on the room. I've been in the room for 2 1/2 hours with the heater on high for since I came in and I'm still in a hoody to stay warm. Currently the outside temp is is 53. Then I I have to sign in with Facebook or I have to get a TripAdvisor account.... where is my privacy?

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis Olive Branch
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#1 of 1 in Byhalia

Been to Days Inn - Holly Springs? Share your experiences!