“If you absolutely have to go to Holly Springs don't stay here”

Days Inn - Holly Springs
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Holly Springs
London, England
“If you absolutely have to go to Holly Springs don't stay here”
Reviewed October 22, 2011

The receptionist had an attitude problem which did not bode well for my pre-booked 2 night stay. The room, however, was adequate, for the price. Very comfortable bed and a quiet location. I was having a good nights sleep UNTIL I was woken at 07.48 by a phone call asking whether I wanted my room serviced. I don't like being woken at the best of times.
Having toured the town the night before and not located a reasonable restaurant, this tipped me to cancelling my second night and moving on.
I can't really see why anyone would want to visit Holly Springs as a tourist destination, but if passing through, pick another hotel.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else unless you want an early, unplanned, alarm call
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank ManicUSAVisitor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Lawton, Oklahoma
Reviewed February 16, 2011

Drippy bath facet that was VERY annoying. Room was clean. Internet was free, but I had to ask for the password. I was going to stay in Tupelo, MS but they had a Furnature Convention so all of the prices were maxed out at every Hotel or Motel. They do not have a contential breakfast, but they do have a restraunt on site. Don't bother asking for a military discount because they only give one for a room with a double bed. Then it is the same price as a room with a single bed, $65.40 with tax. No microwave. I had to park on the other side of the building for the night or had the option of parking in front of the Motel. My room was at the very back of the Motel. I did check it at 930 pm. Older Motel with obvious signs of water damage and poor repairs (I'm not going to get into what I saw on the outside). Staff was outside talking on her phone and didn't end it untill I was ready to walk inside to get the room. She also received two phone calls on her cell phone while I was checking in. She actually answered both of them and told them that she would have to call them back. The restraunt typacally closed at 1000 pm was closed by the time I got there. I wouldn't recommend it based on the price vs. problems and amenties. For what I observed I wouldn't expect to pay over $40 for a Motel room like this one. The only thing that was automated was swiping my card to get paid that I still had to sign. For what I observed it made me check the bed sheets. I barely got them turned back and I saw that they were dirty. Looks like I'm sleeping on the comforter fully clothed. Then I went and looked at the bath tub. It was obvious that the bottom hadn't been scrubbed in a couple of weeks. The bath mat had black stains on it. The towels and wash clothes looked liked they were thrown on the shelf in the bathroom but appeard to be clean at first glance. The lamp that appeared to have two plugin sockets now only has one and has dust all over it. The cord to the lamp with the socket had a black soot on it that may have been from a vacume running over it. The cord did not appear to be damaged. Lets hope my computer doesn't blow up because of how the room is positioned it was the only place that I could plug my laptop in for power. I would take more pictures and post them but it's just not worth my time and the money that I spent on the room. I've been in the room for 2 1/2 hours with the heater on high for since I came in and I'm still in a hoody to stay warm. Currently the outside temp is is 53. Then I I have to sign in with Facebook or I have to get a TripAdvisor account.... where is my privacy?

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
florida
Reviewed September 13, 2010

Check in staff were very helpful, room was clean - the price was not a bargain at $70 per night but not extortion either - breakfast was the usual cereals and toast with donut holes so not exceptional in any way - the location was excellent and the room was quiet.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Greenwood, Arkansas
Reviewed July 31, 2010

Had to switch rooms due to the air conditioning being turned off to save money. The first room was well over 100 degrees when walking in. The rooms had a bad odor, probably due to hot humid condition without air conditioning running. Thank goodness we only had to stay one night! I would be ashamed if I were a Days Inn franchise and see these conditions!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed July 23, 2010

This motel is horrible. No woman traveling alone should stay here. The rooms all open to the outside with inadequate locks. All an intruder would have to do is break the glass to be able to get to the interior locks and be in the room. The room was dirty and the bath tub was dirty. There was an electrical socket that was falling out of the wall with a lamp plugged into it. One of the mattresses was stained and the easy chair in the room was soiled. Additionally, it was over-priced.
The receptionist was unfriendly. There was an odor in the lobby.
We went down the road to McDonald's for breakfast rather than chance what they were offering.
The Wyndham hotel chain should take its name off this hotel. It's a disgrace.
About 20 miles down the road in New Albany, MS were several newer, cleaner, and pet-friendly hotels. Keep driving!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jenn54
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed June 28, 2010

This was the only hotel in Holly Springs that was part of a national chain with internet booking. The towels were of poor quality and had to be requested on a daily basis. I have nicer rags in my garage. Maid service had to be requested on a daily basis. The continental breakfast was stale, disgusting, and unsanitary, as was the space in which it was served. Although they had a pool, if you tried to use it , it was closed for no apparent reason.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 12, 2010

I booked a 2 day stay at this Days inn.when I walked in lobby had an odor, it was dark, dingy & very poor appearance.The clerk (J.P) was unprofessional & rude.I had called in advance several times with question. When I got there the next day it was not everything she had previously told me. I got a quote over the phone with her but once I got there she wanted to charge me more. It was only 2 adults and 1 child, I didn’t leave because she said she would still charge my credit card anyways, I stayed that one night, but canceled the other day. I thought my room would be a lot better than the lobby lord and behold it WAS NOT. The ironing board had paint all over it,it was wobbly. The cable cord wire to the TV was just put in the port not attached; electrical tape was on the lamp cord.they did offer continental breakfast, but again the worries they had a gallon of milk out, the cereal was in a large plastic storage container, a loaf of bread out for all hand to touch, the toaster way across the room, where they use for storage of old broken down furniture, the donut holes out for the picking, use the spoon and drop it right back in the container everyone else did. This place really needs to be updated; a makeover would be better not much to choose from in that town. It’s just a place to stay Choose another motel avoid this one. It was not a good experience for us. If you have no expectation this Days inn is for you. Expect noting.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis Olive Branch
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#1 of 1 in Byhalia

Been to Days Inn - Holly Springs? Share your experiences!