“Don't stay here”
Review of Magnolia Inn

Magnolia Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Holly Springs
Reviewed March 28, 2011

My husband, daughter and I were headed home from a trip to Kansas. It was getting late, the exit information said gas, lodging, food. OH MY GOODNESS!!! Let your first clue be the pothole road leading up to the motel. The room was filthy. The carpet was filthy, the walls were filthy and had been patched poorly .The bedspreads were torn, there was a blanket wrapped around the mattress on both beds. 1 towel thin towel for 3 people. The shower curtin had something unidentifable on it. The door wouldn't open, then it wouldn't close. People out in the parking lot all night partying all night. The room gave me the creeps. None of us got any sleep and left at 3:00am. Some one said the Bates Motel would have been an upgrade, and I totally agree - a major upgrade. I wouldn't recommend this motel to a dog. This was certainly the nastiest place I have ever stay in my life.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GMee32780

Reviewed November 24, 2010

DONT STAY HERE. You can read my other reviews and realize I'm a very laid back on my reviews but this place was a dump. As per the other reviews they are all correct and I will not repeat myself. I had to sleep in the car with my dogs because the owner's stray mutt was barking at them all night. I did this so my family could sleep. Because they threatened us to leave if OUR dogs wouldnt stop barking at the stray cause his knocked up white trash wife was pregnant and couldnt sleep. Other rooms were open of course except for the meth head next door to us. Word to the wise do not get stranded on this highway at night because this is all you got. The place is a true jewel of a dump.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank 12voltmon
Reviewed August 30, 2010

When I called to make reservations I thought this hotel was a Holiday Inn Express and they answered their phone that way. Far from it! The motel should be named The Bates motel! Pot holes were all over the parking lot, there were no amenities of any kind. The door security lock was broken off. The towels were like sandpaper. The worse part--from 2-4:30 am there was a gang fight going on in the parking lot outside our window! We spent all night looking out the window to make sure our car was ok. We never would have stayed there, except we were taking our daughter to Ole' Miss for move in day and all the hotels were booked. At least we were up early enough to be first in line to move her into the dorm! What a nightmare..........DON'T STAY THERE---EVER!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank pat44881
Reviewed July 19, 2010

Was given a military rate at check in, for $49 for the night. No shampoo in room, some light bulbs were burnt out. Wall in room looked like it had been kicked in. Next to a pizza hut and other places to eat. Room towels are old. No elvevator to second floor. Room had ironing board but no iron (however I didn't check with front desk for availablitiy of an iron, so maybe they would have provided one. Area seemed safe.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank militarytravler
Reviewed August 18, 2009

We crashed here on our way thru Memphis with a stop planned for the zoo. I was totally spazzed by the crime rate of Memphis and couldn't find a hotel under $100 that I felt safe staying with my kids. We showed up at 3:30am and left by 10am, so obviously we didn't want to pay for bells and whistles we did not have time to use... We stayed here for $60 with tax. It was quiet, the beds were surprisingly comfortable and the property seemed very safe. If you are looking for a basic, clean, cheap place to sleep this fits. There is no breakfast but they do offer coffee in the lobby. If you are offended by a run in the carpet or crack in the mirror you should pay the extra $50 plus to stay somewhere nicer.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Best Western Plus Olive Branch Hotel & Suites
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#1 of 1 in Byhalia

Been to Magnolia Inn? Share your experiences!