“Lovely gem in the countryside.”

Meadow View Farm Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 4 Hernando B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I will preface my review by saying that this was our first experience at any Bed & Breakfast.

We needed to be in the Senatobia area for a wedding and didn't particularly care for the hotel options nearby. We were excited to find this B&B. Upon arrival, Terry saw to it that my daughter was able to feed the horses and goats. What a wonderful experience, especially after a long car ride. My child was over-the-moon excited. The grounds were lovely....the pond, arbor, picnic area, bird habitats, and foliage were all beautiful and inspiring. Julie was a terrific hostess and wonderful cook. We enjoyed our stuffed French toast and Southwestern scrabbled eggs. She was also quite knowledgable about things to do in the area.

My husband, daughter and I stayed in the Meadowview Loft, while my parents stayed in the Cotton & Kudzu room. The rooms were well appointed. Each had it's own coffee maker, hair dryer, television and all of the other little ammenities a person would have at home. I found our room peaceful and the bed quite comfortable. My daughter also enjoyed the daybed, though it did squeak a bit.

I hope that we have an opportunity to return to Meadowview Farm. We felt at home there and enjoyed all of Julie and Terry's hospitality.

Room Tip: Cotton & Kudzu room has a walk in shower and no tub, great for those with limited mobility.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank NomadAZ
Jbrumley, Owner at Meadow View Farm Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2012

Thanks for your kind words.
We enjoyed meeting your family,
And the horses & goats enjoyed
The extra attention from your
Daughter. I hope you will come
Stay and play with us next time
You are in North MS.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

The room at first glance looked OK but as time went on we could see that the carpet was looking tired and the sofa was not that comfortable. The TV was the smallest we had seen on this trip. The bed was comfortable but it had a plastic mattress protector which made us sweat! The aircon unit was right next to the bed & extreamly noisy so that meant we couldn't have it on while trying to sleep! During our 5 day stay the room was not cleaned or the sheets changed. The coffee machine in the room did not look clean & the coffee was dished out in plastic pouches (not sealed individual packets like proper hotels). There was a jar of coffee mate that must have been there for weeks as it was solid in the jar. When it came to breakfast although it was homemade there was no choice, no cereal was offered or fruit juice. While we were there there was also another couple who joined us for breakfast, so when it came to coffee we only had one pot between 3 of us as the 4th person didn't drink coffee.
I had asked if they could organize a birthday cake for my wife as it was her birthday on the first morning. This was done and the cake was lovely, however I was charged $12.00 for it but it had a label on it showing it cost $7.99!! All we can say is that the couple who own it are very pleasant & we feel it's a shame to have to make such a report but after reading the reports left by other guests that said how wonderful it was there when in reality we found it to be very dissapointing.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Rex D
Jbrumley, Owner at Meadow View Farm Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

I'm truly surprised that this guest was disappointed. They were very complimentary
Each day at breakfast. I offered the choice between a deluxe continental (juice, coffee,
Fresh fruit, yogurt, home baked goods, homemade granola) or a full service country
Breakfast ( juice, coffee, freash fruit course, egg dish or casserole, fresh baked goods,
And bacon or sausage). They chose to have the country breakfast. I served a different
Menu each day they stayed. I proviide fresh ground coffee each morning 30 min. Before
Breakfast in the "morning room". I can appreciate their comments about the in room
Coffee maker. I am replacing those with the new Kureg, single service coffee makers.
I am humbled by their comments about the birthday cake.
We are a rural property, and I had to drive one hour round trip to the nearest
Bakery to get the requested cake. I thought the modest $4 sur charge would have
Been Acceptable. I should have verified the total with the guest before making the
Trip to pick up the cake. I apologize for the misunderstanding.
The Cotton & Kudzu guest suite were they stayed has fresh paint and new carpet,
And I was surprised by their comments about the linens. I provide fresh linens
Daily or by guest request. Each room has individual climate control, so guests can
Set to their own temperature. This is quit useful because our Mississippi summers
Can be very hot. I am sorry that this U.K. Traveler was not pleased with their stay,
Because I made every effort to make them feel welcome and comfortable during
Their stay, but Mississippi is hot in the "Summer time, and the livin is easy, fish are
Jumpin and the cotton is high"

Reviewed April 21, 2012

Wow! This experience was memorable. Having read other reviewers' comments, we expected to be pleased - but we were so thrilled with every aspect of of our stay here. Julie and Terry were genuine - warm, welcoming, and helpful. We just can't say enough good things about them. They are what sets this beautiful B&B apart from the other nice B&B's we've stayed at. The grounds are so pretty - very calming. Loved the horses and silly goats, and Yogie and Abby, the pooches. Our room was so attractive and comfortable (and, oh, that wonderful mattress!). The bathroom was over twice the size of ours at home - and the shower stall was expansive. I didn't want to get out! We loved the privacy - and the fact that each room had it's own entrance. We never felt that we were disturbing anyone if we came back late. The dining area was very homey - and the breakfasts were fresh and delicious. Julie goes out of her way to use fresh produce and wholesome ingredients, and to accommodate everyone's tastes. We stayed for several evenings, as we were visiting family in Hernando for a mini-reunion. After the somewhat loud and chaotic get-togethers, it was a joy to go home to our little oasis and just chill. We will absolutely stay here again when it's time to return to Hernando.

Room Tip: You probably can't go wrong with any of the rooms here.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank rhodak333

Thanks for your kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

I could have stayed here for a while. My husband and I were vehicle shopping in Memphis and our visit was brief but memorable. We loved having privacy (private entrance front and back) and company (hosts were so friendly and warm).

Being horse owners, we loved checking out their horses and goats and dogs. I loved the gardens, pond and the outdoor room. Very tastefully decorated, wonderful breakfast. It was just very homey for us. Our type of place I guess you could say.

I hope to return for a longer stay soon.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2011

This place is an oasis in a desert of usual options for the traveler! A little bit off the beaten track but very easy to find.
We arrived in the dark, exhausted from a day of driving and touring Memphis, to a warmly lit cozy suite and a generous welcome from the owner. We had to get on the road early the next morning and didn't expect her to accomodate our schedule but she told us to come to the front porch before we left she'd have coffee and a little bit of something for us to eat as she wouldn't have time to fix her usual breakfast. When we showed up early the next morning we were served a feast!! I can't imagine what her 'usual' is!! We had a great nights sleep in a room that was clean and perfectly comfortable ... it's so peaceful and quiet I didn't want to leave...woke to find a patio w/fire pit just outside our door, pots of blooming flowers and a grand view of the surrounding meadow. You're missing out if you don't stop there.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2011

Why settle for a heartbreak hotel when you can relax and really enjoy your stay near Memphis? About 30 minutes from the gates of Graceland, we found Julie and Terry's lovely farm-set bed and breakfast... and we couldn't have been happier. Expect plenty of company during your visit, from all of the members of the family. That includes the 4-legged variety, as well: goats, horses, dogs... and one very social cat. The room itself was spacious and extremely comfortable. Breakfast was lovely and we're sorry to say we didn't stay long enough to try out the fishing pond (they'll gladly provide the gear). For us, trading the extra miles to Memphis for the experience was well worth it!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2010

Meadow View Farm is a very nice b&b getaway very close (but not too close) to Memphis. Our room (East Meets West) was comfortable, clean and accommodating...it wasn't missing a thing. Innkeeper was very nice and a gracious host. Breakfast was delicious and not heavy. I also recommend dinner at Olive Branch Catfish Company only 12 miles away.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple