“Best Hand-Made Ice Cream ever!”
Review of Area 51 Ice Cream

Area 51 Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 5 Dessert in Hernando
Good for: Families with children
Description: You have officially landed at Area 51 Ice Cream! Get your taste buds ready to indulge in our handmade artisan ice cream, made from scratch daily here at our shop in Hernando, MS. We truly believe that the best ingredients make the best ice cream. That's why ours is always made with natural, in-season produce. We work closely with other small local businesses, and frequent the Hernando Farmer's Market, to make sure our ice cream is always the freshest, and will help to benefit the community. Our passion for ice cream started from childhood, when a sweet scoop could make the rest of the world melt away. We want to bring that same joy to our customers, every time they get a taste of our rich, specialty ice cream. So if you're ready to take that moment to enjoy the fresh flavors that life has to offer, come on in and tell us which of our small batch options you'd like to make your day complete!
Reviewed May 29, 2014

On a trip to Graceland, to live the Elvis experience, I drove about 20 minutes south and ended up in a charming town called Hernando, Mississippi and was looking for Sonic for ice cream and saw Are 51 Ice Cream and decided to try it out, as I had never heard of it. I have to say, I am a chef and do anything you can imagine as far as eats, but they got m beat on Ice Cream and baked treats. You HAVE to try them all. I bugged them to do that and the lady working there, Karin, was most gracious and funny and allowed me to do that. I ended up with a scoop of lemon ice-box and pineapple sorbet, and the next day went back for Saigon Cinnamon Snickerdoodle and Bourbon Butter Pecan. You have Noooo idea how good this stuff is and it is made with natural ingredients. They told me they use mostly local as well, which made it all even better! If you go to Graceland you gotta go there, or if passing through that part of Mississippi. And, the muffins and baked goods...just sit there and eat them all!

2  Thank El-adventurero