“Another great Mexican restaurant”
Review of Taco Felix

Taco Felix
Ranked #6 of 52 Restaurants in Hernando
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Hernando, MS has four Mexican restaurant and is blessed with 4 great ones. This one serves breakfast. Outdoor seating available. A little cramped inside, the food is worth it.

1  Thank James H

Reviewed March 7, 2013

We were driving out of Memphis, south. We wanted to check out of our hotel and get on our way. About 11:30am we were starving and we happened upon this little "taco shop" just off of Intersate 55 in Hernando, MS (a few miles south of Memphis).

We wondered what type of "Mexican" food we might find in Mississippi, but were pleasantly surprised. The restaurant is older - think 1980s ish. But, everything was clean and the service was speedy and good. All the workers we saw there were constantly doing things to keep everything neat and tidy. I can be a "little" on the OCD side, so this was comforting to me.

The food was great and tasted like authentic Tex-Mex. The chips are thin, hot and crispy. They bring a small carafe full of tasty salsa. Unlimited chips and yummy salsa go a long way in my book.

Food was not expensive. $8 was probably the highest priced item I noticed on the menu. They have a great outdoor seating area if the weather is nice. The interior is a bit on the small side, so if you're going in for lunch, be sure to get there early or you may not get a table. There were lots of customers coming to pick up take out, too. Always a good sign when the locals are repeat customers.

Overall - great Tex - Mex where I least expected it. Good price. Clean. Good food. Good service. Was great to get out of the traffic in Memphis and get on our journey. This was the perfect little lunch stop.

1  Thank FriscoCheryl
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My family and I have been here several times. Getting seated is a little slower than some locations open for breakfast, but it is well worth the wait!! The biscuits alone are almost a meal by themselves. Order them with ham, sausage or bacon and they are rockin'. Between the members of my family, we have tried most of the menu. To date we have not had anything that wasn't very tastly.
However, I do have one warning about a visit to this location:
1. If your wife has a big day for you planned, you might want to skp this one. As soon as you walk in and smell all the wonderful food cooking, there is no way you aren't going to want to order a big breakfast. Once it arrives, you are going to hate yourself if you don't finish it. When you have finished it, you are going to be full, happy and looking for a place to nap! :-)

1  Thank Jeff S
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I have only eaten here twice and both have been for breakfast. I was hesitant to eat breakfast at a Mexican restaurant but decided to try it one morning when Waffle House was packed. I am so glad I did!!! It was absolutely great!!! I had waffle, eggs, bacon, and gravy and biscuits. Everything was nice an fresh. The next time I had the breakfast burrito which is by far the best I have ever had. The only time I will eat breakfast anywhere else in Hernando is if it is after hours. If you are in Hernando and looking for breakfast you must try taco Felix. The food and staff are wonderful!!!

1  Thank Bigdaddy71100
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Everything food wise from breakfast to dinner is Excellent!! They go out of their way to prepare anything they way you want it.

1  Thank Bggoss