“It's All About YOU Here!!”

and 1 more site!
Magnolia Grove Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 Hernando B&B and Inns
New Orleans, Louisiana
“It's All About YOU Here!!”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I LOVE THIS PLACE‼! I always get my office to book me here when I am working in the area. Unfortunately, this B&B is located about 6 hours from my home, but if I lived closer I would stay with them several times a year, in addition to my staying for business purposes. I feel so pampered when I stay here and Ms. Ellen is an AMAZING chef. You will be served a 4 course breakfast downstairs in the formal dining room and Mr. Tom will wait on you hand and foot. Oh, and ladies, leave the Splenda, the flavored cream, and the bottled water at home b/c it will be provided for you at this B&B. I stay in about 10 different hotels and B&B’s every month, and the flavored cream and Splenda is always kept on the first floor-I think they do this b/c most guests will not feel like leaving their room so we just bring our own from home. I mean for what these hotels charge you think they could put a $2.00 box of Splenda in your room-ha! The Mulligan’s keep it upstairs b/c it is all about you when you stay here. Yes! They trust you! You are also free to take anything that you would like to eat or drink out of the full size refrigerator located outside your room –and guess what- it is free!

I also have Internet access which allows me to work on my laptop in the comfort of my room. They are located in the heart of the city which makes it easy for walking, so if you would like to have a drink with dinner you can b/c you will not be driving. I also feel safe when I am here and that is very important b/c when I travel for business I travel alone. The other night I pulled up to the B&B, and it was almost midnight, and the town was pretty dark, but I felt safe. You will be given a key to the house so the door is always secure. Although, everyone else in the house was asleep when I returned I felt perfectly safe, even when I was walking through the parking lot alone.

Oh and you can’t beat their rates-I actually pay HALF of what I pay to stay in the hotels. Plus at the hotel I serve myself from a buffet of processed, previously frozen food.

There are so many more little perks when staying here, but I don’t want to give all their secrets away so you will just have to stay here yourself to learn more 

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Prairieville, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed June 25, 2012

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 23, 2012

We loved it. We are already looking forward to returning.

• Stayed June 2012
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed March 30, 2012

We stayed in the beautiful magnolia grove home and enjoyed the best southern hospitality. Great breakfast and interesting tidbits of history, combined with a great room and warmth. What more could you want. For a european the best way to experience the famous easy living of the south in the US OF A.

Peter and Marja Mollema

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I'm writing for three of us -- Alaskan women nearing the end of a two-week road trip from Memphis to New Orleans and back. We loved ending our trip in such a beautiful, historic home with the gracious Mulligans. Coming back from dinner in town, we found dessert waiting for us...certainly above and beyond the usual. After a night in a lovely, antique-filled room with a claw-foot tub and wonderful towels, we breakfasted in exceptional gourmet style. Tom gave us interesting information on the background of the house, and how he and Ellen came to own it, as well as being very willing to answer our quesions. It was a lovely stay!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed November 15, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Magnolia Grove this past weekend. We wanted a romantic weekend getaway and that is what we found there. The room was spacious with a fireplace and clawfoot bath tub. We loved the way we were pampered by the Mulligan's. I loved hearing the history of the house and learning about past and present owners. Tom and Ellen were just delightful people. The food was superb, also. My husband is still talking about the Coconut cake and Quiche. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
St. Louie, MO
Reviewed August 15, 2011

I stayed in July of 2011 for a cousin's engagement shower weekend. I have family in Hernando but have never stayed Magnolia Grove B&B and really, passed by it so many times not even realizing it was there. The couple who run it are so incredibly nice and the included breakfast is unbelievable. So lovely, great presentation and wonderful atmosphere. We were lucky enough to have the place to ourselves and also had the back pavilion to ourselves as well which we used every night. I would HIGHLY recommend this place as a southern oasis, home away from home - full of southern hospitality and great comfortable rooms. Great for families or a romantic get away.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hernando
Hampton Inn Hernando
The Guest House at Graceland
Hilton Memphis
Hilton Memphis
#26 of 136 in Memphis

Been to Magnolia Grove Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!