“Even if your not a local, they made you feel welcome”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
La Siesta Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 52 Restaurants in Hernando
Fritz Creek, Alaska
“Even if your not a local, they made you feel welcome”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

What in the world does the location (a shopping center) have to do with a restaurant's quality. We very much enjoyed this restaurant. It is obvious this restaurant is frequented by regulars. We have had some bad experiences in other places like that. Not here. They made us feel welcome and the food was very good.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank DCody

Hernando, Mississippi
“A weekly place”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Amazing choices for Mexican food. Try the Enchiladas La Siesta, grilled chicken inside flour tortillas with salsa verde and crema. The tacos al carbon are another treat. The shrimp cocktail is one of the best I've had. Exceptional service, friendly staff. They make you feel like family. Lots of regulars. Friday night is extremely busy, plan to go during the week. Watch out they seem to be busy at all times.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank James H
Jackson, Wyoming
“A genuine review”
Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

Please ignore posts from people like 'woodscew'. The shopping center has nothing to do with the quality of food here or the clientele. I recently moved from southern California where the Mexican food is quite authentic. My wife and I enjoyed it frequently and allows me to speak on behalf for this food. It's not southern California, but the chips and dip are homemade each day and the entrees are great. I get the carne asada burrito a few times a month.

1 Thank eric w
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome!!!”
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

I love it here. The food is always awesome and the servers are always very friendly and helpful. I will most likely be back soon.

1 Thank Cornbread2932
Spartanburg, South Carolina, United States
“Best Mexican Place Ever”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I lived in Hernando, MS for 2 years. Hernando is of course near Memphis, TN. I hated Memphis and most of what was there with a passion, but this is the only thing I miss about the area. Super friendly staff, great food, and fun atmosphere. I highly recommend La Siesta in hernando. The staff is wonderful!!! The most friendly people in 100's of miles! Great chips, salsa, great fajitas!

• Visited November 2012