All reviews same building home run outdoor fire small kitchen rooms are comfortable sized fridge comforts of home room temperature breakfast options the hotel staff home away from home separate bedroom check in was quick and easy exercise room location was perfect restaurants and shopping definitely stay here again
Selected filters
Reviewed October 9, 2016 via mobile

Love the new Hotel by Hilton. Modern and well laid out. Easy to work with rollout table, can watch TV and work....perfect light fixture and comfortable desk chair. Small kitchen, nice living area, separate AC for the two areas. This property was a little hard to find, but otherwise a great hotel. Friendly helpful staff every day and every shift. Clean, comfortable and reasonably priced. My first choice in hotels.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Traveled on business
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Hattiesburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2016

Thank you for making us your first choice when doing business in our area. Your good review of our hotel the Home2 Suites by Hilton Hattiesburg is appreciated and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed September 19, 2016

The Home2 Suites in Hattiesburg is a new hotel. I get that, but it created a lot of problems that the staff were unable to solve and I am still struggling to correct. I was unable to locate the hotel on any website other than the Hilton website. Once I figured out how to call the hotel, I had to request a manager's assistance (Felicia) to be provided with the military rate. She took my reservation and assured me she would check to make sure I got the correct rate, even if I initially received a reservation confirmation for the full rate. When calling into the hotel, calls are directed to the Hampton Inn reception desk. Well and good, except they are unable to tell you anything or help you with ANYTHING related to the Home2 Suites. The sounded like a bunch of bumbling clowns trying to make up answers and excuses before transferring me to the other reception desk. This happened multiple times during the check-in process and has happened while I am working to receive the correct receipt for my stay. When checking in, I was provided with a key to the room I had identified on the Hilton Honors app. I made it all the way to my room and into the bathroom before there was a rapid, panicked knocking on my room door. Turns out that the room-cleaning crew had not cleared the room to be used and I had to move rooms. The building itself is nice and new and the whole building still smells vaguely of paint and carpet glue. The breakfasts provided in both the Hotel2 Suites and the Hampton Inn were terrible. I've stayed at my fair share of Hilton Brand hotels and I understand they each have their own procedures and offerings. This locations breakfast fell well short of what I have learned to expect from Hampton Inn. Checking out, I was emailed an incorrect receipt. It showed only a one day stay (9/15/2016) when in reality I stayed for 4 days (9/12/2016 - 9/16/2016) and was for the full room rate. Stopping by the reception desk to get a corrected copy of my receipt, I was told that they were experiencing difficulties with their system and that if I left my email address and phone number they would have my receipt corrected. That was Friday morning and it is now Monday morning. I have received no correction and when I called to request assistance I was told that I would need to get with Felicia when she came in - whenever that is.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Hattiesburg, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2016

I'm so sorry for your poor experience this week at our hotel. Please be assured I will be discussing your comments with our management team to work on immediate improvements. We take pride in providing the best in lodging and service so our lapses during your stay are being taken very seriously.

Reviewed September 11, 2016

This was our first time to stay at a Home2 Suites by Hilton. Our favorite is Embassy Suites, but this is not an option in Hattiesburg. This hotel is attached to the new Hampton Inn, which is the first time I have ever seen this combination. The two hotels share elevators and just flow together. They give you the choice of eating breakfast in either facility.

We booked a king suite which had a kitchen area with a nice little refrigerator/freezer, microwave, dishwasher, coffee maker, toaster and the availability of a portable cooktop. Dishes and cooking utensils were also furnished. There was a sitting area, desk, and roll out table for eating. A heavy curtain was available for privacy between the sitting and sleeping areas. I was not a real fan of the small open closet with the curtain for closure. There was a sliding door between the kitchen and bathroom, also not my preference. However, the room served our needs and the sitting and sleeping areas were quite comfortable. The room was designed to have all the comforts of home in a small space.

We checked out the breakfast in the Home2 Suites dining area and decided to try the Hampton. I have to say it was much better than expected. They had eggs that didn't taste like rubber, bacon, assorted breads, cereal, and the usual Hampton offerings. We were pleasantly surprised. I rather liked being able to have choices.

The elevator was out of service for a short while during our stay. Since we were on the fourth floor, it was necessary to use the stairs to get to our room. Things like this are to be expected with a new facility, and we weren't greatly inconvenienced.

Room tip: You might want to ask for a room located away from the highway area for better sleeping.
Date of stay: September 2016