“Not A Good Stay”

Executive Inn
Executive Inn
Ranked #31 of 34 Hotels in Hattiesburg
Reviewed July 12, 2008

When I made my reservations I stressed that I needed 2 adjoining rooms and was told that would not be a problem. On the morning of the day I was to arrive at the hotel I called to confirm that we did indeed have the 2 adjoining rooms and was told that I did. I then told the clerk that it would be after 6:00 PM before we would check in. When I arrived at at the inn, I was given a room on one floor and the other room was located on another floor at the opposite end of the hotel. I took a room with a king size bed and a fold-out couch. I was not told the couch was only big enough for a single person. There were 3 adults and 3 children all piled up in one room with only 1 bed.
There wasn't any sheets for the couch and when I requested sheets I was told to return to my room and search for them again. I had to ask the second time for sheets. When I finally received the sheets I was told there were no extra pillows aside from the 2 pillows on the bed.. We also had only 2 washcloths and 2 towels for 6 people, because apparently there were not any more clean linens either.
I arrived at 6:00 PM and the restaurant was closed. The vending machines were completely empty. A lady and her son were already complaining at the desk regarding these issues.
When I checked in a man was requesting his refund so that he could check out and go to another hotel because this one was very unsatifactory. These scenes should have been clues for me to never have checked in to this place.
If you are just passing through and it is only 1 or 2 of you to stay just overnight, then this place may be okay for you. I frankly don't believe it is worth the price they charge and I will never book my stay here again when I make my yealy run through Hattiesburg.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

A TripAdvisor Member
pensacola,fl
Reviewed May 15, 2006

I had an important event coming up. I had reserved 4 rooms at Inn On The Hill 3 months prior to our son's graduation. I called several times to confirm that the rooms were reserved. The day before we were to arrive I received a call from the sales manager at Inn On The Hill. He stated that they had a pipe burst and had reserved 4 rooms at
University Inn for us. He assured me that University Inn was a comparable motel. University Inn was filthy. There was something brown dried on the wall in the room that my parents stayed in. The bathtubs were so dirty that no one would take a bath in them.
When I spoke to the sales manager at Inn On The Hill he was apologetic but did not offer any compensation. The manager at University Inn has yet to return my call .

Stayed: April 2006
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Management response:Responded May 24, 2006

While we regret having to move any guest that has prior reservations, this situation was unaviodable due to an issue that came up with our main water line. We did everthing possible to have the problem fixed overnight but the issue took longer than expected. In order to accomodate these reservations, I did locate an alternative location that in my previous experiences was a comparable property. I have worked with University Inn for over 5 years now and this was the first time I recieved a bad complaint about the condition of University Inn's rooms. This is standard procedure for hotels in this situation. Since I did move the guest to another location, I did comp her entire party to our full breakfast buffet, a $64.00 value, for the inconvenience. According to University Inn, any problems that the guest experienced with their hotel is being handled through their management. We at Inn on the Hill have taken nessecarry steps to ensure that any future referrals are carfefully inspected before being recommended to the guest.

Reviewed June 28, 2005

After having two different bad experiences with Hattiesburg motels, we decided to try what we thought was a much better class of motel. Sadly, we were mistaken. The outside is nice and the location up on a hill is nice. However, upon entering the rooms, we found terribly dirty, stained carpet that was just "gummy" it was so old and dirty. The sinks and tubs had not been cleaned, the faucets were dirty, and there was hair on the floors in the bathroom area. The coffee pot still had coffee from the last person that stayed in that room. There was no remote and when we did get one, we had to return it because it didn't work. When we were given another one, we were handed the instructions on how to program it to our television. The microwave also did not work. The furniture is in bad shape. After calling the general manager to no avail and leaving a message, I was called by the desk manager and offered a free night within a year to compensate for the "problem" I had encountered. I explained that I didn't think I would want to go through that again and was told that was all they were willing to do. I was also told I should have asked to be moved to another room, but since the two rooms we were given were both in the same disgusting condition, I didn't see how moving was going to make a difference. The review written before mine was pretty close to describing the shoddy conditions and I doubt seriously they stayed in the same rooms! So, as far as changing rooms at midnight, I didn't see it helping the situation. "No room at the Inn" might be your best bet!

• Stayed: June 2005