“Best in class (and several above)”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #19 of 33 Hotels in Hattiesburg
Oxford, Mississippi
“Best in class (and several above)”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

This is by far the best hotel in this class (and from this chain) that I've ever stayed at. I was thoroughly impressed by the quality and comfort of the rooms. My corner room on the top floor was exceptionally quiet. I could have walked to my meetings on campus.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank GfromOxfordMS
Sherry M, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Greg,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel on trip advisor. We appreciate your kind words and value your business! We strive to provide a clean and comfortable comfort for our guests in their home away from home. We look forward to serving your lodging needs again soon!

Comfort Suites
122 Plaza Dr.
Hattiesburg, MS 39402

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Graceville, Minnesota
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

The kids (ages 2, 5, 7) liked the heated indoor pool as it was too cold to swim outside when we stayed. The room was fine, a bit worn, could have used a deep cleaning. Breakfast was good, standard for this chain. We really had no complaints during our stay but we're pretty easy to please.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Sara G
umrebel, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Sara G.,

Thank you for taking a moment out of your busy day to review our hotel! I am so glad the children enjoyed the pool - it is a great value w hen the weather is cold and keeps the children entertained.

We are in line for a renovation at the end of this year and we are so excited about it!

We look forward to seeing you again when you travel through the Hattiesburg area.

Comfort Suites Hattiesburg
Myrtle Beach, Sc
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Stopped the night on the way to Texas and all seemed well. The room was fresh and welcoming. However we did notice a nail sticking up on the divider that could have caused serious injury if someone were to run their hand over it or a child playing around.
When entering the gym that evening we had no water in the container. There was none the next morning either.
When informing the desk clerk about these issues he only nodded and said, "Okay."
This is poor customer service to say the least..

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank junglybill
umrebel, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear Mr. Bill,

I would like to first start by thanking you for taking the time to review our hotel as our guest opinions are very important and crucial to our successes. I have taken it under hand to speak with my desk clerks and advise them how important it is to acknowledge our guest concerns and write them down for me to correct. He did in fact write down both items and I made sure they were corrected the same day.

I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve your lodging needs again when you are in Hattiesburg.

Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I wanted to post a review for Comfort Suites simply to note that we had exceptional service during our stay. Patrick went above and beyond to ensure that we had a good experience. The hotel itself could certainly use some updating, but for the price it was a steal. Thank you, Patrick, for making our stay so enjoyable.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
umrebel, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear Joyce,

Thank you so much for your kind words about Patrick and our hotel! I agree, we are ready for a renovation and update! Hopefully, it is in the plan for this year and we look forward to seeing you again real soon!

new orleans
Reviewed October 27, 2013

So the hotel itself has nice rooms, though as the other reviews say, they do need some updating, and the hotel itself could use some updating, not major at all though. The exercise room has several machines that are aren't working anymore. Patrick at the front desk was great, friendly and helpful, and this would have been a good stay if not for the horrible housekeeping. One day I returned at 7pm to find my room had not been fixed! When I went to front desk to ask what had happened, apparently the housekeepers had marked off they had cleaned my room, when clearly they hadn't, and I guess they were probably betting no one would complain. After a really long day of work it was incredibly frustrating to come back to an unmade bed. Two days later, I arrived at 3:00pm to once again find the room unmade! Only at 4:00 did I hear a knocking asking if the room could be cleaned. It was 4pm...I'd been up since 4 working and now they were coming to fix the room? I think the hotel really needs to address this issue, because even when room was cleaned, it was only lightly, with the trash once not even being emptied. Such terrible service, and that is actually the main reason I checked out early and moved to a different hotel. This could have been a nice stay, and would have been if not for housekeeping, and I should have changed sooner.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
umrebel, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I appreciate you letting me know about the problem you experienced here. I can assure you I will fix this issue and not allow it to happen again.

I sincerely hope you will give us a chance to serve your lodging needs again when you are in the Hattiesburg area.

Laguna Beach, Florida, United States
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I travel weekly for work and have been visiting the Hattiesburg area for over a year. I have tried nearly every major hotel chain within 20 miles. You can not find a better place to stay for the price! The staff goes above and beyond....I will look no further for my "go to" place in this town. Thank you Comfort Suites!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy to review our hotel. We strive to do the best possible for our guests and it is nice when it is noticed. I have passed along your comments to my staff and we look forward to seeing you again soon!!

Thank you and I hope you have a great day,

Cullman, Alabama
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Spent four days in September visiting son leaving for Afghanistan. Manager and staff went above and beyond to make sure our visit was a success. They did this for everyone who stayed there. I observed interaction of staff with other visitors, same courtesies. Will definitely stay here again if in the area. Good breakfast, adequate rooms.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
umrebel, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Grand Poppy,

It was a pleasure to have you and your family in our hotel. My prayers are with your son for a safe tour and return back to all of you!

Please just call when you are coming back and we will be happy to take care of you again! We love our guests and we strive to do just as you said with every guest, every time.

Have a great day and May God Bless all of you,