“Great comfortable stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 37 Hotels in Hattiesburg
Fort Worth, Texas
“Great comfortable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

We just left the location and just wanted say thank you to the staff! We arrived about midnight after an 10 hour drive and the front desk clerk was bright and cheery. When we awoke the next morning every staff member greeted us and asked how our stay was. The ladies running the breakfast bar were on top of it, refilling items as necessary and even making waffles for those that wanted one. The place is showing its wear but the staff totally makes up for it. We'll definitely consider this spot for our next beach trip. THANK YOU!

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Beth B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Hattiesburg, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for such a super review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Hattiesburg, MS! Our staff takes great pride in every aspect from greeting our guests at checkin to making sure that they have the best room and amenities possible. We are glad you enjoyed your breakfast selections and overall stay and pleased to hear that you plan to stay again. Thanks for using Trip Advisor to let us know that we met your expectations!

B. Ballard

Corbin, Kentucky, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

We arrive late but were welcomed the moment we arrived. The desk clerk was so kind and after a long day of walking around New Orleans we appreciated it. The lobby is clean and coffee available even that late. The room was small but clean. We slept wonderful and the next morning we were refreshed and ready to continue. The breakfast bar was replenished often the lady working was friendly and doing a great job. Overall great stay!

• Stayed May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
Beth B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Hattiesburg, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Hattiesburg, MS! Thank you for mentioning all the amenities that you had while staying because it lets us know that we are meeting your needs. Thanks for using Trip Advisor and please stay with us on any future visits to this area!

Beth B
Petal, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

This hotel has clean, comfortable rooms, a nice lobby area, friendly staff, a decent fitness room -- all at a pretty good value. The location is a little tricky -- it is located right off Hardy St. near I-59, but the driveway is a little difficult to get to with a lot of traffic -- not a big deal, just a little bit of a surprise. Overall, this hotel will not overwhelm you, but it is a good place to stay -- recommended.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Beth B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Hattiesburg, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Thank you for such a wonderful review on Trip Advisor for the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Hattiesburg, MS. We strive to meet customer expectations in every area of hospitality. It is our goal to make you feel at home, from our comfortable rooms to a tasty breakfast before departing! Thank you for your recommendation and we hope you will stay with us again when in this area in the future.

Black, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

The Fairfield Inn in Hattiesburg is a good hotel. The staff is very friendly and helpful and the room was nice and clean. However it is very difficult to fine the hotel. It's on a back street and not well marked as how to get there. Other than that, the stay was fine. I stayed there because of Rick R's review about how good the staff is. I didn't regret my decision.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for informing us of your difficulties with finding our location upon arrival at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Hattiesburg, MS. We apologize for your inconvience and will try to correct the problem. We are happy that you chose us and pleased that you enjoyed our nice, clean rooms. Our staff is here to serve our guests and help in any way we can! Feedback is an important part of improving our overall guest service and we thank you for your review. When in the Hattiesburg area again, we hope you will choose to stay with us!

Vicksburg, MS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I travel to Hattiesburg occasionally. And I am in search of a good, reasonably priced hotel. I have yet to find it. One by one I am knocking hotels off my list (to date I cannot recommend the Holiday Inn, the Hampton Inn or this hotel). I travel alone, and as a woman, I like to stay in hotels where I feel safe, so I tend to choose nicer hotels when I travel. This Fairfield Inn is definitely Marriortt's bottom of the barrel. The whole place feels like an after thought. The parking lot is cramped, the ceilings are low and the room felt small. If this was a Days Inn, I would be impressed, but it's not, it cost around $50 more per night than the Days Inn, which was right across the parking lot. My bathroom had mold in the corners and the shower rod was starting to come off the wall. The fridge was tiny and missing some of the shelves, so when you opened the fridge door, everything came tumbling out. There was a dehumidifier in the room which was needed because the room felt damp. The linens were fine, but the bed skirt was coming apart in places and the carpet was worn. For one of the more expensive hotels in Hattiesburg I expected more. When the maid cleaned my room, she only replaced my in room coffee supply with decaf. I was happy there was some in the lobby. And the location is akward to get to. The light dampening curtains did not close completely so a lot of light was let into the room all night.

On the plus site, the staff was nice, the treadmill worked and there was a good supply of coffee in the lobby. All of these things would have been fine if this was not one of the more expensive hotels in Hattiesburg.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Beth B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Hattiesburg, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
We are sincerely concerned that our hotel did not meet your expectations for your business stay. Customer satisfaction is our utmost priority and hope you will give us another chance to correct those things that you brought to our attention. Your comments will be given to our staff and resolved so that any future stays will be enjoyable to a business traveler like yourself . Your review is greatly appreciated. I would also like to offer my apologizies for any dissatisfaction you experienced and hope that you will choose to visit us again in the future if in the Hattiesburg area.

Beth B
Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

My mother's house was destroyed by a tornado. The next morning I arrived from Florida and took her searching for a hotel to stay in. All rooms at the Fairfield Inn were booked. The General Manager (Beth) personally called 6 different hotels to find a room for my mother (the room found was in a different chain of hotels.). Beth gave my mother her cell phone number and told my Mother to call her the next day and she would do all she could to get her into the Fairfield Inn. Two days later we walked into the Fairfield Inn and asked if Beth was working. J.P. (the assistant GM) immediately asked if my mother was the lady that had been in 2 days ago and had been referred to another hotel. (Beth had made sure her staff was aware of my Mother's situation -- this during a very hectic time as recovery crews were pouring into the city looking for rooms.) JP told my mother that they had room for her. The fact that the staff remembered my mother's situation (during a very hectic time) shows the attention to detail and personal care that this hotel's staff has. My mom has been there 3 days now and every time she walks into the lobby, she is asked if there is anything she needs. With the recovery effort going on, the hotels in this area will be booked for weeks .. Yet the staff there has made my Mom feel safe and a part of the hotel family (a nice feeling after spending the days trying to salvage belongings from a destroyed home.). I cannot recommend this Hotel highly enough -- this is a very special staff who truly care about people. (Oh yeah .. Location and rooms are great too --- that's why we went looking there first.) STAY HERE if you need a room in Hattiesburg!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Rick R
Beth B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Hattiesburg, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write an excellent review for the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Hattiesburg, MS. We are so very sorry for your Mother's loss in the recent tornado that swept through our city but are happy that circumstances eventually allowed for us to accommodate her. Customer service and satisfaction is always most importnat at our Marriott property. As General Manager, do not hesitate to let me know if there is anything else that we can do to make your Mother's stay more comfortable and accommodating.

Metro DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

If you've stayed at other Fairfields, you'll recognize the decor, services, rooms, etc. Everything is comfortable and clean. The usual Fairfield front desk convenient store is always... well, convenient. Staff were friendly and the breakfast was adequate, though not great. No problems with parking. Lots of nearby options for restaurants and big box stores.

The price was on the high side, but I've always been somewhat surprised that Hattiesburg hotels are able to charge so much. But it was a good night's sleep with no surprises.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MvGel
Beth B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Hattiesburg, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
We are pleased to hear about your positive experience at the Fairfield Inn & Suites, Hattiesburg, MS and happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations, from the comfortable, clean rooms to the local selections for shopping and dining! Our guest satisfaction is our priority and #1 goal! We would like for you to visit us again in the future if in the Hattiesburg area and appreciate your positive comments on Trip Advisor.

Beth Ballard