“Just Fine”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Hattiesburg
Ranked #12 of 34 Hotels in Hattiesburg
Reviewed September 1, 2012

This Fairfield Inn is very conveniently located to the University, shopping and restaurants. It is beginning to show its age though. It is just as you woul expect most Fairfield Inns to be (comfortable but not spectacular). The breakfast is fine and the rooms are fine as well. However, it did see little knicks and dings in the room that indicate it may be time for some maintenance and/or updating. If you're just staying for a couple nights it's fine. Any longer and I would consider the Residence or Courtyard.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Beth B, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hattiesburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

Thank you for choosing Fairfield Inn & Suites in Hattiesburg, MS and for the favorable review of our hotel. We are also glad that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast! We strive to provide the best for all our guests and hope that you choose to stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Awesome and friendly people. Loved the dark roast coffee available 24-7. The treadmill in the gym was not working but the elliptical was nice and the pool was warm. Would recommend this hotel to my friends that travel. A little odd to find but overall was veryy pleased with the room and service was excellent.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Hattiesburg, MS for your stay! We are happy that you were able to use our indoor pool facilities and enjoy our complimentary breakfast. We hope you and your friends will choose to visit our hotel again when in Hattiesburg!

Reviewed July 20, 2012

Well I am a Marriott rewards member and usually stay at courtyards. This time I decided to stay at the Fairfield. It was a bit cheaper and in a location that was convenient. This is not a good marriot establishment. There must have been some sort of water damage. The entire hotel was musty and had a pungent smell of wetness and mold. We checked out immediately after we walked into the room and saw the dehumidifier. The smell was bad! The only good thing is the staff were understanding, gave us a refund without question. We promptly went to the courtyard, which was awesome! Spend the extra 25 and got to the courtyard.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jkwik22
FFISHATTI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hattiesburg, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2012

Thank you for your review on trip advisor. I am sincerely sorry that you and your family were unable to stay at our hotel. I am very happy that my staff provided you with a full refund and was able to to book you into the Courtyard by Marriott. We strive to ensure that our guest are fully satisfied and happy! Thank you again!

Best regards....Beth

Reviewed June 29, 2012

We could not have been happier with our four night stay. Exceptional staff and the housekeeping department did a great job. The breakfast area was super , clean and the friendliest lady!!! The area was convenient and quiet. I would stay at this property or any other location without hesitation!!! We truly had a wonderful time. (also there is a washer/dryer which came in handy and the detergent and fabric softener were complimentary, which was a nice bonus traveling with a young child)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
FFISHATTI, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hattiesburg, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2012

Thank you for the kind words about our hotel! My staff and I strive to make every guest experience a positive on and I am delighted to learn that yours was not an exception. We hope to see you soon again in Hattiesburg!

Warmest regards... Beth

Reviewed June 27, 2012

We were getting tired driving down I-59 and started looking for hotels. The gentleman that answered the phone here ( Eric ) sounded so nice and welcoming that we decided to look no further and drove in. What a nice place...absolutely clean and fresh. And Eric was just so nice and so was the lady that worked the night shift after him....Cathy. Very comfortable beds and spacious rooms and bathrooms. I was late for breakfast but the lady that was closing up the dining area ( Sharon ) welcomed me in and asked if I wanted anything. Nice indoor pool and spa with an outdoor patio to kick back and relax in. Plenty of food and also a walmart nearby. We met the manager, Beth in the morning and she was just so gracious and helpful and extended our check out time because the kids needed more time to get ready.....I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling on I-59 thru MS.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for recognizing the value that Fairfield Inn and Suites offers our guest. I sincerely appreciate the kind words about our staff too! We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Hattiesburg.

Thank you again....Beth

Reviewed May 16, 2012

Let me start by saying the gentlemen working second shift at the desk was very nice and welcoming upon my arrival. As a top level Marriott member I don't always get this and he made sure to welcome me and I recieved a bag with waters in it.

The room is big but it was very hot and humid. The bed was very firm to a point of almost being uncomfortable and only one foam pillow out of the group on the bed.

The gym is my biggest complaint. The TV on the Elyptical is all fuzzy and the room itself was so hot it was almost unbearable. There is not even a ceiling fan in the room to help. I had to cut my workout short as I could barely breathe after 30 minutes.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jeff C
Reviewed May 3, 2012

I'm alway so wary when I go stay in a hotel, but the Fairfield Inn was great! You need to call ahead and get specific directions for our GPS said we had reached our destination, but we couldn't get to it. That's the ONLY negative thing I can say. So, if you are staying at the Fairfield, stay on Thornhill all the way around the large curve to the right and you will find the hotel on the left. Do not go into the Day's Inn to get to it for there is no access to the Fairfield. The lobby was pleasant and the rooms were updated about 3 years ago and are still very stylist, and most of all immaculate! I am SO picky and a musty place is terrible. The rooms were spotless. Bathroom vanity was tiny, but we were there for only one night and as long as things are clean, I'm happy!
The beds were very comfy and clean. Of course, there is a desk for the computer, so that is always a bonus. All staff, including housekeeping, asked how our stay was and if they could help us in any way. I thought their coffee was good and asked what kind it was and one of the staff brought me a full bag of it to take home. We are Marriott Reward members, so don't know if that is why everyone was so friendly and hospitable, but it was a pleasure to stay there. The breakfast was just fine....boiled eggs, and ham, egg & cheese biscuits if you wanted some protein along with yogurt and the other usual offerings. Since it's complimentary, I have no complaints about the food. We were going to stay at the Residence Inn, which was rated #1 by Trip Advisor in Hattiesburg, but breakfast was not complimentary at the Residence Inn, so we chose the #2 rated and were extremely pleased with our choice. We would definately stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family