“Jay was very personable addressing me by name upon arrival & check out.”

Super 8 Hattiesburg North
Ranked #24 of 33 Hotels in Hattiesburg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Little Rock
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Wished you had at least a 4 cup coffee brewer in the room!!! The single cup is just too small!!! We also missed fresh fruit on the continental breakfast buffet too!! Overall, the room was clean enough and the staff was very friendly.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Gstopinion, Manager at Super 8 Hattiesburg North, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thanks for opine. Because of hygienic purpose we put single pod coffeemaker. Guest can ask more coffee any time. I am sorry that we could not satisfied you completely.
Again thanks.
Jay Patel
Greenville
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Do not trust this motel with your credit card information.

I was errantly charged for a night's stay, even though I cancelled the reservation 3 weeks before the scheduled date. After dialogue, I e-mailed a copy of the cancellation notice to the manager, Mr. J. P. He refused to cancel the credit card charge. At first, he said that I could only make reservations online, I couldn't cancel them. This is ridiculous. I have Gold Status with Wyndham hotels because I travel so frequently. I often need to rearrange travel dates. This is the only motel I have seen that does not want to honor confirmed cancellations. Finally, the manger said that Super 8 reservation service didn't tell him of the cancellation, so it was their problem, not his. They would need to refund me if I would get any money back. What! I couldn't believe his words!

My reservation was a contract. His only right to charge my card was according to the terms of the contract. It gave cancellation instructions. I followed them and had written confirmation and he had a copy of the confirmation. As of that point, he had no legal standing not to reverse the charges. He put the charges on my card, he was obligated to remove them was he had written proof that they were made in error. Yet, he refused to do this.

I finally complained to the credit card company and it only took a few hours for them to decide to reverse the charges. It was that obvious that VISA did not approve of the way the manager was handling the situation.

I would not trust this motel with my credit card information. The manager waited for more than two weeks to get back to me after my first complaint and then only after I formally complained to Super 8 corporate. . Actually, he should have called my cell phone the same day he first found out about the problem, not over two weeks alter. Then, once he finally did call me and he had proof of a confirmed cancellation, he still refused to honor the terms of the initial reservation agreement. He had no grounds not to reverse the charges.

It was unfortunate that I had to go to VISA to get this problem resolved. There is no excuse for such blatant behavior by a manager of a motel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Gstopinion, Owner at Super 8 Hattiesburg North, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
On March,13 guest open the case to customer care services at Super 8 head office. After thorough research, Central Reservation System (CRS) found that reservation was canceled by CRS and they send email message to guest but some how it was not canceled in Soft Hotel PMS because of some unknown issue. So CRS send him an email on 03/23/13 saying it was not property's fault , it was system's fault.They will send him a reimbursement check & For this property will not charge. On 03/25/2013 guest replied to Customer Care for thank you for positive response. Also he said that he is going to dispute his charge to his Visa company. So Customer Care send him an email saying they will not sending him a check as he dispute his charge to Visa Company. So he wants to take double advantage from Customer Care & from Card company. Still case is not resolve with C/C company.I send all emailed conversations to them. It is obvious that Motel was not at fault and what is the guest's intention.