“Worth the stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of University Inn - Hwy 49 & I-59

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hattiesburg
University Inn - Hwy 49 & I-59
You added University Inn - Hwy 49 & I-59 to your Saves list
Ranked #18 of 38 Hotels in Hattiesburg
A TripAdvisor Member
“Worth the stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2005

This hotel is now the University Inn. We stayed 6 nights and had no complaints. We also got an adjoining room for my daughter and her room was large, clean and nice also. The room had plenty of towels, in room coffee pot (a must have for a coffee drinker...I hate running to the lobby for coffee 1/2 asleep), a pool and a restaurant you could order take out from. The girl at the front desk was polite and helpful and gave a coupon rate when other hotels would not or would only give it for one night. The room was very! spacious (I paid a lot more for less of a room in the past). Every other morning there was a newpaper slipped under the door. One of the days we slept in and housekeeping was no longer in the hall, I called the desk to ask for just our room to be cleaned. We went out and by the time we came back our room, plus my daughters room, was clean and smelled good, not to mention her pillows & stuffed animals were neatly arranged on her bed. The only thing that got me was the water in the tub ran yellow/brown and you had to let it run for awhile and our blanket under the spread had cigarette burns. But the good outweighed the not so good. In the busy morning hours you could hear housekeeping talking back and forth or little kids in the hall, but all subsided after a few minutes. Having physically checked at about every hotel along Hwy 49/59, this was one of the better priced hotels and exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed July 2005

Solo
Business
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2004

When I entered the hallway to my room there was a strong and awful musty smell. The smell also carried into the room. The room was dirty and even had some food particles on the floor from a previous guest. I had to keep the air conditioning at an uncomfortably low setting in an effort to mask the smell. I will have to return to Hattiesburg, but I will never stay at this motel again.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member