“Not bad”

Ranked #24 of 33 Hotels in Hattiesburg
Aubrey, TX
“Not bad”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Traveling cross country my business associate and I decided to make it to Hattiesburg, MS before stopping. Told my associate to look up Comfort Inn & Suites as we stay there quite a bit. She got the contact information and I called from the road to make a reservation. Rate was lower than I was expecting but hey, I'm all for saving money. She programmed the address into the GPS and we wound up at the Quality Inn by mistake but since we booked the rooms from the road and they already had our credit card for the reservation, we decided to bite the bullet and stay there. Actually was a pleasant surprise, the floor we were on was very modern and clean, rooms were fresh and clean and up to date, bath was very clean. Expected it to be marginal, but exceeded expectations. Breakfast was the usual lame fare, but most are these days.

Room Tip: Reading some of the other comments it may be that some floors are renovated and others are not, migh...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
dharm_patel, General Manager at Quality Inn Hattiesburg, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear HorseFlicks,
Thank you so much for your comments. We appreciate you staying with us. We would be thrilled to have you stay with us again in the future, you' are always welcome.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
North Little Rock
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I booked this via Priceline.com, first mistake! I was given a room on the outer wall of the hotel on the bottom floor. As I began to set my baggage on the countertop I noticed a small bug, oops, another bug. Oh my!!!! Many bugs!!!!!!!!!!!! I went to the office and quietly asked for my money back. I was told that Priceline received my money and the hotel could not refund my money but they could give me another room. I took the other room but needless to say I didn't rest for worrying about bugs. If you want clean, this is probably not the place for you.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the outside wall on the lower level.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank KChis
dharm_patel, General Manager at Quality Inn Hattiesburg, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear kchis,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at Quality Inn & Suites.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding bugs in your room on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with my housekeeping department to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Hattiesburg.

Kind Regards,

Greenville, MS
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The hotel was in a great location, clean and comfortable. The breakfast was great the only drawback and maybe it's just me. I don't want ice cold boiled eggs for breakfast and the equipment in the gym sucked, it needs to be repaired or updated

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
dharm_patel, General Manager at Quality Inn Hattiesburg, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear JImmie M ,

Sahuarita, Arizona
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This is at a very convenient location in Hattiesburg. Near Southern Miss Univ, and shopping and convention center. Very well kept, clean, and a friendly staff. Good breakfast selection and a night's stay is resonably priced.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank BroMattAz
dharm_patel, General Manager at Quality Inn Hattiesburg, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Dear BroMattAz,

Gautier, Mississippi
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The hotel is located next to Burger King and Arby's among other restaurants. It was clean. The bed was comfortable. No parking behind the hotel. The air condition was cold. I did not eat breakfast but it looked okay with pastries, boiled eggs, cold cereal, coffee. Reccommend.

Room Tip: The 2nd floor near the vending machine was nice.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Betty S
dharm_patel, Manager at Quality Inn Hattiesburg, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
the Quality inn team sure appreciate the nice words you have to say about us.As a new management, I am interested to talk with my valued Customer and appreciate them.
see u again.
Tiptonville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stopped at this hotel because it was late and from the outside it looked fairly new. The lobby was ok and we got two rooms. When we got ready to go to bed the girls pulled back the cover and there were ants everywhere. We called the front desk and were told to come get a can of raid. We were also told we could change our own sheets. After much complaining we finally were moved to another room. When talking to the manager the next morning, she never apologized for the trouble. She did take $20 off our bill.
The next day we did find a roach in the room.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tandi S
East Texas
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This hotel was very clean. The girl at the desk (Shonda) was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor..was very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple