“Good location. Very clean”

Quality Inn Hattiesburg
Ranked #24 of 33 Hotels in Hattiesburg
Sahuarita, Arizona
“Good location. Very clean”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This is at a very convenient location in Hattiesburg. Near Southern Miss Univ, and shopping and convention center. Very well kept, clean, and a friendly staff. Good breakfast selection and a night's stay is resonably priced.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank BroMattAz
dharm_patel, General Manager at Quality Inn Hattiesburg, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Dear BroMattAz,

DHARMESH PATEL
GM
QUALITY INN
601-296-0565

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Gautier, Mississippi
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The hotel is located next to Burger King and Arby's among other restaurants. It was clean. The bed was comfortable. No parking behind the hotel. The air condition was cold. I did not eat breakfast but it looked okay with pastries, boiled eggs, cold cereal, coffee. Reccommend.

Room Tip: The 2nd floor near the vending machine was nice.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Betty S
dharm_patel, Manager at Quality Inn Hattiesburg, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
the Quality inn team sure appreciate the nice words you have to say about us.As a new management, I am interested to talk with my valued Customer and appreciate them.
see u again.
Tiptonville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stopped at this hotel because it was late and from the outside it looked fairly new. The lobby was ok and we got two rooms. When we got ready to go to bed the girls pulled back the cover and there were ants everywhere. We called the front desk and were told to come get a can of raid. We were also told we could change our own sheets. After much complaining we finally were moved to another room. When talking to the manager the next morning, she never apologized for the trouble. She did take $20 off our bill.
The next day we did find a roach in the room.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tandi S
East Texas
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This hotel was very clean. The girl at the desk (Shonda) was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor..was very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed January 30, 2012

We stopped on our way to the beach at Hattiesburg Mississippi and stopped the Quality Inn in the travelers magazine for 59 per night. The entrance and lobby looked great so we booked a room. Given room in back hallway by side entrance. Immediately opon entering could smell mold from ceiling in hall leaking onto carpet. The smell lingered into the room and coughed for hours because I have asthma and the smell caused it. We were so tired after driving 15 hours or we would have slept in van instead of hotel. I told the front lobby about the smell in the morning and they said thanks. Like they were not aware. The breakfast was nothing to write home about so we went to the nearset gas station and bought breakfast and orange juice. What a waste of valuable hard earned money for the night. It taught us a lesson and we drive straight through on way home instead of staying at any hotel.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank janet m
Sierra Vista
Reviewed November 2, 2011

Stayed here 23-29 October 2011 and told myself everyday that it just had to get better. It NEVER did!! The front desk clerk was more pre-occupied with reading a text book then with checking me in and acted "put out" that I was asking questions about the area and potential good places to eat or things to see in the area. The breakfast area was fly infested and made it impossible to even enjoy a cup of coffee. Breakfast is scheduled to begin at 6am, however that appears to be the time that the night staff BEGINS to prepare and set up, they were never ready at 6am. I can say that even after 20+ years in the US Army and sleeping in some rough spots in 3rd world counties this broken down bed was probably the worst that I've ever slept in. Good thing that there were 4 pillows on the bed, by stuffing them all into one pillow case, I was able to get something that could possibly pass as a pillow. Other furniture in the room was very worn and broken to include a mirror, and the only maid service consisted of the trash being taken out on most days and the covers on the bed being pulled up. The toilet paper flew off the holder on the very first night and the roll holder stayed on the floor in the bathroom for the entire week. POOR, POOR, POOR!!!
Do yourself a favor and go ANYPLACE else...

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed July 27, 2010

We traveled to Hattiesburg for my cousin's wedding and was going to stay the entire time in the Quality Inn, but we ended up checking out and moving to another hotel after the horrible customer service experience.

We were running a little early so I called the hotel to see if our suite was ready before check in. The front deck manager told me that it was ready and I was quite happy because we traveled all night and we were ready to relax. When we went in to check in, the manager than told me that we couldn't check in because no rooms were ready yet without even checking the system. I asked him if we could get a guesstimate about when the room would be ready to come back..and than got yelled at that check in wasn't till three and nothing would be ready till than. My fiance and I decided to go eat and come back closer to three. I again phoned the front desk at two-thirty and was again told my suite was ready. This time I could actually hear the keyboard being used so I assume he actually looked up the information...we went back to the hotel to check in and was than told, it was not ready again! I have to say, I was pretty upset. I asked for the managers name and proceeded to call the customer service line. He lied to me about his name!!! He than decided that he didn't want to help us anymore and went to the customer computer in the lobby to play online and wouldn't respond till someone else came in to check in.

I just canceled the entire stay and moved to the comfort inn down the street. If you want to be made to feel like a second rate citizen to his highness of a manager, go here...but if you want customer service that treats you well..pick one of the twenty other hotels on this road.

From the look for the hotel lobby...the room wouldn't have been cleaned. There were still breakfast messes on the tables in the lobby... There were water on the floor and when I just mentioned that it could be dangerous for people coming in and out of the hotel, the manager yelled at me not to tell him what to do. I hoped someone slipped and sued them for everything they are worth.

I wish I could get them negative numbers..

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple