“Good New Orleans cooking”

Crescent City Grill
Ranked #1 of 255 Restaurants in Hattiesburg
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Cajun & Creole
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Mobile, Alabama, United States
“Good New Orleans cooking”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Crescent City Grill doesn't look like much on the outside, but the inside is nice, and the food and service were very good. I was with a party of ten and we were seated quickly and the waiter did a good job of taking and delivering orders quickly and correctly. Most everyone got something different and I only heard one complaint and it was about potion size, not taste (Royal Reds special). I had the Shrimp Etouffee. I got a large portion and it was very tasty, a little more spicy than I expected, but very good. I got a side salad with house dressing for a side and it was very good too. As I looked around the table at what the others in my party ordered, I thought that if I lived in Hattiesburg I would likely come here frequently. Our host, a local, said that he and his wife dine there regularly and always enjoy it. I would definitely go back!

Cushing, Oklahoma
“Great service, atmosphere and food.”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Great service, atmosphere and food. Was difficult to discern where the restaurant actually was due to outside renovation of other restaurants attached.

Visited July 2013
Pueblo, CO
“Moderately disappointing, but not terrible.”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We ordered catch of the day, and were disappointed. For $20 each, the portions were unexpectedly small. I had mine "Pontchartrain" style. The menu said "market price," same as regular catch of the day, but when the bill came, there was an additional $4 charge for a bit of sauce. I hate surprises like that, and feel the server or menu ought to make something like that clear prior to or while taking orders.

1 Thank Dennis G
Madison, MS
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Have not eaten here in years, I had the perception that it was too expensive . I travel to Hattiesburg for business on a regular basis. I try to try different places each time. No more! There's lots of things I want to try and if all is as good as tonight's meal I won't eat anywhere else!

I had the shrimp and grits with a house side salad. Both was excellent and service was just as good. From what I have eaten so far in Hattiesburg, there is not a even close second!

1 Thank John P
“Fabulous.”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The food,service and overall atmosphere were fabulous.My boyfriend and I hope to go back in the future.

• Visited May 2013