“Delicious Meal”

Crescent City Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Crescent City Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 267 Restaurants in Hattiesburg
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My wife and I followed the recommendations on Trip Advisor and went to the Crescent City Grill while spending a night in Hattiesburg. Both our food and drink were served up in a relaxing and festive manner. I had the shrimp étouffée and my wife had red beans and rice. Both were delicious. There was a good wine selection and a good selection of microbrew beer on tap. I recommend this excellent restaurant to fellow travelers.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Crescent City Grill remains my favorite and most visited local restaurant. It continues to serve my needs for a wide variety of occasions, and the varied menu offerings still require making difficult decisions on entrees.

I dined alone on this visit and ordered a sort of combination lunch and dinner.
I started with my usual really frosted mug of a light beer. I wanted a cheeseburger, but instead of my normal Bacon Cheeseburger, I decided to try an alternate menu item, the Big Easy Burger. The Big Easy, like the other burger, is large in size and comes on a nice tasty bun. The Big Easy is topped with cheddar cheese, caramelized onions, sautéed mushrooms, and lettuce and tomato.

The burger was very good. No problems at all. Personally, I prefer my “old original” bacon cheeseburger, but both options are quite good and either could compete as being the “best burger in town.” It still amazes me that the CCG burgers are “under the radar” in the local community.

I had a choice of three sides with my large, very filling burger: fries, mashed potatoes, or slaw. I chose my usual order of fries. This decision eventually created a modest touch of disappointment in my meal.

Historically, I have considered the CCG fries to be well above average, but that was not my assessment of my latest visit. It may have simply been an “off day” for the fries. I prefer my fries to be fried to a golden color. These fries were quite brown in appearance. In my opinion, these fries were overcooked for the food preferences of most diners. This lack of perfection surprised me, for I am unaccustomed to having anything in CCG that is below average.

All in all, with the delicious burger, the well-timed cold beer, and good service, I had a good experience. It just could have been better.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I am working on business and decided to get my a mani-pedi. Lately I have been on this whole salad thing but I easily fell into a "foodie" conversation for with my nail tech. He said, "Girl, you need to go to Crescent City Grill for some authentic Creole food." He gave me two things to try: 1. the Shrimp Carnival which featured shrimp creole, shrimp étouffée, and jumbo fried shrimp and 2. the Crab claws (they are fried on the menu but he said to ask to have them sautéed). I added fried green tomatoes to my order for good measure. Needless to say I had PLENTY of food but it was sooooo goooodd!! Not too spicy and so perfectly seasoned. (The fried green tomatoes were not that great but they were edible - the breading was super thick). Everything including a tip was around $48 bucks. I would definitely go back if I ever find myself in Hattiesburg, MS again.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Great place to go for supper meal in Hattiesburg. Service as some said was a little slow. Give yourself some time to enjoy the meal. Shrimp and grits was very good. The surroundings were
pleasant and neat. I believe the shrimp was very good as my wife had this dish. I would go again but only if I could have time for service.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

The food was great -- got the salmon with crab and it was very flavorful (heavy on the sauces, but very good). They have a great selection of beers on tap -- there were at least 30 with many local options available. The service was great, but it was rather slow. Go here for an enjoyable dinner, but be wary if in a time crunch.