“Amazing diamond in the ruff!”

Crescent City Grill
Ranked #1 of 255 Restaurants in Hattiesburg
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Cajun & Creole
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Rockledge, FL
“Amazing diamond in the ruff!”
Reviewed July 9, 2011

After a tough afternoon in Hattiesburg, we were just hoping for a good bite to eat. This place totally hit the spot! My husband and I split the sampler, YUM! It was a great combo of several specialties. I started with the corn and crab bisque and it was excellent.

We ended our meal with the white chocolate bread pudding....Devine!!

The service was fantastic and if we ever are driving through Hattiesburg ( since I'm not interested in staying there again), we will definitely eat here.

Central VA
“Had a great dinner”
Reviewed July 4, 2011

We found Crescent City Grill through the recommendation of our hotel front desk, and I checked the reviews before we went.
I'm so glad we did.
We were sick of chains, and wanted something different.
Success!
I ordered the Seafood Sampler and my husband had the Shrimp Carnivale. Our son was graced with pasta alfredo.
Service was excellent!
Food was really tasty and well presented. The shrimp pie was down right yummy.
My husband loved his dinner and the potatoes au gratin are divine.
Our son gobbled his dinner down and even polished off an ice cream sundae.
Thank you for a great meal!

1 Thank StefCentralVA
Brookhaven, Mississippi
“Ho-hum. Any dish from my kitchen tastes better on any given day.”
Reviewed June 24, 2011

The food "reads well", meaning the menu description makes the mouth water. It was hard to decide what to order, but they failed to deliver the tantalizing tastes I expected. Further, my too-lemony Caesar salad was delivered with my entree. When the manager came to inquire about the timing of salad, he asked about my entree.

I ordered the grilled catch of the day with Ponchatrain topping (extra $4 that the new server failed to include in quoted price). "Bland." I'm not one to add salt to my food in restaurants, but I tried to improve the lackluster taste. He brought me Shrimp and Grits next. Again, nothing. Finally I settled on Blueberry Blitz--cobbler with ice cream and whipped topping. Still didn't whet my appetitie. I ate every bit but only because by then I was terribly hungry.

I went because it's a Hattiesburg hallmark. I felt I couldn't say I had eaten in Hattiesburg without eating at Crescent. Now I can say, "Been there. Done."

1 Thank Foodie601
Norman, Oklahoma
“Romance, Business, Friends, or Family. It's just Perfect.”
Reviewed June 22, 2011

Crescent City, was really phenomenal. As restaurant snob when it comes to local fares. I stopped by this establishment while here on business. It was really excellent. The staff is prompt, which is expected given the price. The atmosphere was par for the menu, and the food was just outstanding.

They have a seasonal crawfish menu, but do seafood year long it appears. As well as a variety of steaks.

It's well worth the price. I recommend it for travelers looking for a good meal.

little rock
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Glad we stopped”
Reviewed May 14, 2011

Interesting place... half is elegant dining and half is casual. the decorations are hilarious. the gumbo, roast beef po boy and sweet tea were very good! The staff was friendly. the price was affordable.

• Visited May 2011