“Go anywhere else.”

Ranked #16 of 33 Hotels in Hattiesburg
Kentucky
“Go anywhere else.”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

We booked this hotel.com and that was the beginning of the nightmare. After checkin and unpacking, the bathroom flooded. We shut off the water valve and waited for almost 2 hours for the "owner" of the hotel to show up to take care of the toilet. He plunged the toilet and got toilet water all over the bathroom and carpet of the room. After awhile of convincing him that the floor needed to be disinfected, he came in with a spray of some sort and sprayed it around.
Upon checkout, we were refused a receipt because according to them the room was booked via hotels.com. We called hotels.com and were told that the room had 4 people (not the 3 that were there) and that there was nothing that could be done except for a $10 coupon for future hotels.com stays. This was the icing on the proverbial cake. Please do yourself a favor and do NOT stay here. I would also think twice before using hotels.com. Apparently, there is NO customer service at either place.

Room Tip: Steer clear of this place. If there were other rooms available, we would have gone there instead.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank D H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed November 7, 2011

This hotel hs 2 sections, the old section is terrible. I am writing my review based on the new section. We had no problem switching our reservation from old to new part, staff and management were very easy to work with.

The rooms were clean and fairly new. We received great service for the 4 nights we stayed. For the price it's a decent place to stay.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank Quaggiquagga
Orange Park, Florida
Reviewed July 16, 2011

I had several bites (like mosquito bites) on ankles and shoulder. I suppose they must have come from bedbugs.

Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Hattiesburg hotels

frost ,tx
Reviewed March 12, 2011

I have stayed here more than 10 times in the past few months. The friendly people working here are allways keep me coming back.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank doolittle64bu
hattiesburg
Reviewed October 14, 2009

I checked into this super 8 hotel on October 11, 2009 at a rate of 43.52 plus tax of 3.92. I only was going to stay for one night.

The next morning when I called my Bank they had posted the following charges to my master card, $70.90, $118.96, $27.28 and $43.52. A total of 260.66 was removed from my card for one night stay. They have already posted all of these charges to my account.

I've call corp at super 8 and not one thing has been done about this matter. I even called thw owner of the hotel and was rude and told me that he can and will charge anyway he like to anyone.

I am going to fax over a copy of everything today and have them to charge back all of these charges back to their bank today.

Linda the hotel desk clerk was very rude and her boyfriend who was in the lobby tired to jump on me the morning I questioned her about my account.

Their room where very dark and dirty and so was their lobby. The had rate running around all over the place too. I would Never stay at the location 2 church hill dr, Hattiesburg, MS 39402.

Louis Smith

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank Louis601
Florence
Reviewed January 14, 2008

We stayed overnight at this hotel while traveling over the weekend. Overall the room was clean and it was nice to have the fridge & microwave, however the air conditioning/heater was broke and the only way to turn it off was to unplug it.

Stayed January 2008
Oakland County, Michigan
Reviewed January 7, 2007

Not the best place we've stayed, but wasn't the worst either. We had to wait about a half hour after our check-in time for our room to finish getting "cleaned", then another 2 hours to actually get towels delivered to the room. However, I was there to see my soldier before he shipped off to Iraq, so they were generous with the military discount.

• Liked — Close to the highway leading to Camp Shelby!
  • Disliked — Cleanliness
  • Tips/Secrets — Military discounts