“Convenient to everything” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #30 of 37 Hotels in Hattiesburg
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Convenient to everything”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

The Guesthouse is an older hotel with a bar and restaurant on the property. It is older but clean and safe. The front desk people were helpful and polite. Nothing special but for a one night pass through it was fine. Didn't use the bar area but a lot of people did. It was full.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Little Rock, Arkansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for one night while traveling through MS. The bed was clean, the guy at the front desk was nice and helpful upon checking in, and there is a fridge in the room, but that's where the pluses end. I got up during the night to use the bathroom and killed a roach near the toilet. Before returning to bed I turned on the bedroom light to adjust the air conditioner and saw another roach crawling on the front door. I attempted to kill it also but it scurried back through the crack to the outside of the room. Also, at 2:16 AM I was awakened by a dumpster being emptied. I'm not sure if this was the dumpster of the hotel or for the diner on the property but it was very loud with metal banging on metal, and also the reverse signal for the truck was loud. Stay elsewhere!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, Director of Sales at Northgate Inn Hattiesburg, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for your stay with us at Guesthouse Northgate Inn. I'm glad the service and location pleased you. I am sorry to hear about the insects in your room. We have scheduled insects prevention every two weeks in all of rooms. We have garbage pick-up twice a week and they arrive around 10AM. I was unaware of the dumpster being emptied at that time.

Thank you again for the response. We are working hard at Guesthouse Northgate Inn to correct all the situations.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2011

We were a little hesitant to stay here because of the previous comments, but after searching around, this was the best value in town. The front desk employees were very friendly and polite, and the room we stayed in was very clean. Normally, I don't write these things, but after seeing the negative comments, I felt obliged to put my two cents in. I would highly recommend this place to anyone staying in this area.

-Jim

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank jcrickens
Anaheim, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2010

This was the worse place I have ever been to, I can't believe how horrid it was. It was GHETTO, the service and ppl seem to be unfriendly as I am asian and my companion was white. They just stood up and stared at us. Once we got to the rooms, it stenched like sewage and we GAGGED!! DO NOT STAY HERE

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2010

I'll preface this by saying I did not intend to stay here. My actual hotel reservation was in Gulfport, but I didn't finish working in Jackson until late and was too tired to drive back all the way to Gulfport.

This was only place with rooms b/c of graduation at the nearby university.

It was the absolute most disgusting place I've ever stayed in. Worse than any falling down hostel in Europe. Roaches and mold everywhere. Unsafe area.

Partying going on in courtyard until 4AM. I called the MOD and he told them which room I was in so the kids pounded on my door and the walls for another hour so to get back at me. I should have called the cops.

Used towels and wash cloths on the floor. Dirty sheets, etc. I slept in my clothes and cancelled my meeting the following day because I couldn't bear the thought of showering there.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business