All reviews the holiday inn kitchen area full kitchen comfortable hotel gulf shores rooms are clean a great stay kitchenette pet desk hurricane dryer
Selected filters
Reviewed October 12, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here about three times before and had a good stay but this time the whole place had a run down look. We had to convert a sofa into the bed for the night and were given a mattress protector which was full of holes! Bedding generally tatty.

A sign in the room said high speed internet but it was anything but, did not work at all in fact. we mentioned it several times at the reception desk but the problem was not sorted so we were forced to change hotels. I think that some places just don’t realise how important good wi-fi is in the modern world.

We come from England to visit our son and we always chose Candlewood Suites to stay but not anymore.......

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Hattiesburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2018

Hi SuzyPurt,

We always hope that our frequent guests will enjoy a pleasant stay and it is certainly with dismay to learn that your visit was not as you expected. I am sorry the WIFI service and mattress condition you received was anything less than exceptional. I would like to ask more information about your stay so we can resolve the matter. I sent you a private message.

Thank you for the feedback, we hope you will allow us another opportunity to regain your trust in our hotel. I hope to hear from you soon.

Best,

Zel N.

Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

We started staying here during Southern Miss home games a couple of years ago because the Holiday Inn (now owned by Hampton) started going down. It was ok but now, the hallways are dirty, rooms are clean at least. Make sure you have your own toiletries because shampoo, conditioner and shower gel was not filled (for a 2nd time), no hair dryer, no caffeinated coffee in the room just decaf (who drinks decaf?) and there was no shade in the bedroom so be prepared to sleep in a lit room all night and the sun waking you at 6am. We will once again be looking for another hotel to stay during football season!!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank tammymisner517
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Hattiesburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2018

Hello Tammy K!

Welcome back! We want you to always enjoy the comforts of home at a comfortable value here. While I'm happy that you found our rooms clean, I'm very sorry that it's not the case for our hallways. I also understand your disappointment about your in-room amenities and room being too bright. This is not the impression that we'd like to leave you.

I reviewed your concerns with our Housekeeping team. I'm sure they'll take the necessary steps to ensure these issues are looked into and everything's in order next time.

Thanks for choosing us again and sharing what you think about your stay. We hope to have you again, so we can show you the efforts we made to provide you with a better stay next time!

Safe travels,

Gian M

Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

Ton of renovations going on. While staff is always pleasant, lots of noise and soaked carpet in our room. We complained about the water and smell in the room and someone came and evidently used a shop vac while we were gone to the ballgame. At 5:50 a.m. the sprinklers came on and it sounded like a hurricane outside our window. Again, complained and was only offered items from the hotel “ pantry” in light of our inconvenience after we were loaded in the car. I wouldn’t recommend staying during renovations.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Hattiesburg, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2018

Hello Windy G,

Thanks for choosing Candlewood Suites! It's unfortunate that the ongoing renovation work hindered you from completely having a good time. I've shared your feedback with management and I'm confident that once the refurbishments are done, our guests will be served better.

I hope you give us another try in the future.

Best,

Pam G

Reviewed July 28, 2018 via mobile

An extended stay hotel. The room and kitchen area were clean but the bathroom was less than be desired. Somebody’s hair was in the shower and mold on the ceiling. Staff was very friendly but I think the managers live there because there were young men at the desk talking with the receptionist without shirts on. Not very very professional. Still nice people no issues other than the bathroom.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2018

I'm not going to waste much on this review.

They aren't advertising that they are under renovation, and it's a MAJOR renovation. This place should be shut down. It's a mad house. Our room had a super crappy bathroom. A few stains on the floor. Mold in places. A/C didn't work well. WiFi might as well have been dial-up.

Just say somewhere else. I thought Candlewood Suites were nice before I stayed at this one. This was one of my worst hotel stays.

Room tip: Look out the window at the DoubleTree, and go get a room there.
Date of stay: July 2018