“Simply Excellent”

Candlewood Suites Hattiesburg
Ranked #11 of 34 Hotels in Hattiesburg
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I had been driving all day and part of the night and then got lost in Hattiesburg and then found out there were very few rooms available in the city that night, so when I rolled in and found a friendly face at the desk, I was relieved. The night manager was professional and accomodating and my room was CLEAN and smelled good. Now I know that may sound strange, but if you ever get a room that hits you with a bad oder or a stain, you know what a bummer that can be. This room was appointed with a kitchenette and just put a good cap on a long day. Thank you.
I didn't use the pool or restaurant.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Bob P, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Hattiesburg, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Though you were lost we are humbled and glad that you found us and we thank you for this wonderful review, your great comments and your stay with us. We strive to maintain professionalism and high standards and we are grateful to know that you were accommodated professionally and satisfied with the quality of our room. We sincerely thank you and we look forward to having you stay with us again and know that you can no longer be lost in Hattiesburg now that you have your own home away from home.

Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

We got our room for $99 and for that large of a room, complete with a full size fridge and even a dishwasher, it was a great deal. The customer service was very friendly and the free soda/water upon check in is a nice gesture. We will stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you so much for coming and staying with us and we are excited to know that you enjoyed your stay. Our team works diligently to make sure that our guests are happy and comfortable when they arrive and throughout their entire time here at the hotel. We are ecstatic to hear that you plan on staying with us again in the future and we look forward to seeing you then. Lastly, we thank you again for your vibrant review and wonderful comments. We hope to see you soon and you know the soda/water is on us!

Reviewed December 15, 2012

Very accommodating hotel I've ever stayed in. All of the staff members are very professional. The front desk employees Mo, Raven and the manager are very nice. My room is very clean. The hotel is locating near all major roads to places that you might want to go to.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I do have to say that being away from home due to the military, this hotel makes you feel like your second home. The staff is very friendly and make you feel like you are loved. Halfway thru my stay I rescued a dog and the hotel had no worry about it. The hotel is very pet friendly. Also I do have to say that being away from home for Thanksgiving, the hotel manager, Bob, and his staff made us a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner. They make me feel like I am part of the family. If I'm ever down south again, I make sure that I bring my family and will stay here again.

Thank you so much for the hospitality.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Amy G, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Hattiesburg, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Thank you, Marcelo, for your glowing review of our hotel. I am so glad that you were able to feel all the comforts of home while away from home. Our staff works hard to provide great service, and we feel that (especially since most of our guests are around a while) that doing special things like serving Thanksgiving dinner is the least we can do to say that we appreciate your business. Marcello, thank you for your service to our country. We look forward to serving you "down South" again soon.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

My husband and I and our pet dog stayed here while helping our son-in-law and daughter move to the area. The one-bedroom king suite is awesome. It was very clean and comfortable. An awesome home away from home. The hotel staff was very friendly and very accepting of our dog. We will be back to stay again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Bob P, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Hattiesburg, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2012

Thank you for your comments. We are much honored that you choose our hotel for your stay. I ecstatic to hear that you all felt like this was your home away from home. We greatly appreciated the heartfelt reviews, our staff works hard to make everyone (including pets) feel accepting and special here. Thank you again for the wonderful comments!!!

Reviewed September 26, 2012

I spent one night here in September 2012. I had never stayed at a Candlewood Suites motel, and I did not know that it is part of the same conglomerate as the Holiday Inn chain of hotels.
I do not cook much for myself, so I did not use most of the extras that come with these rooms. My room came with a full - size refrigerator, a microwave oven, and a stove. I also enjoyed a very comfortable king - sized bed, and a clean bathroom. The room was quiet, in spite of the fact that the motel is not a great distance from Interstate 59.
As far as service is concerned, I left my suit coat and a dress shirt hanging in the closet of my motel room, but I received a package in the mail two days after I called the front desk. Mo, the front desk clerk, could not have been more helpful. Thank you again for an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for your stay and review of your experience at our hotel. A lot of our amenities are for extended stay guest, but it is also useful for our many overnighters as well. Our staff strives on providing excellent customer service at all times and making sure you receive the best experience here at our hotel. I’m happy to hear that you received your items back in an efficient and timely manner. Again, thank you for your stay and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Only had a one (1) night stay but it was very comfortable and accomodating. Since I am a Priority Club Member I was welcomed with a free bag of pretzels, a free water, and a free drink coupon from "the cupboard." The staff was very friendly and the rooms were very clean. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time out to share your comments about your stay the Candlewood Suites. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed one of the amenities from our hotel, for being a Priority Club Card member. We give our staff much credit for the wonderful job here at Candlewood Suites. Once again, thanks for the great review and staying with us! Hope to see you again….