“Clean and comfortable”

Candlewood Suites Hattiesburg
Ranked #11 of 34 Hotels in Hattiesburg
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We stopped on our drive to New Orleans. The rooms were very nice. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. There were convenient snacks downstairs. It was nice that there was a night light on the blow dryer in the bathroom. We never saw any insects. It was also nice to have a full size refrigerator, microwave, and ice maker in the room. The a/c worked great. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We would definately stay at a Candlewood Suites again.

Room Tip: The entire hotel was quiet, slept without interuption, convenient to restraunts.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kelly h
Bob P, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Hattiesburg, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2012

Thank you, for sharing your comments and choosing Candlewood Suites for your stay. I pleased to hear that you enjoyed the amenities of our hotel and our cupboard. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the rooms and slept very comfortably at our hotel. Our staff works hard to ensure that all guests are welcomed to a clean and fresh room. We really appreciate your feedback and the comments about the staff and your stay. Thank you again for your stay and we hope to see you again. We hope you stop through for a visit again.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

We checked a couple of other hotels before staying here. Even though it was more $ than we normally pay and more accomodation than we needed, the rooms were excellent, service was very good and we would recommend this hotel to anyone. The bed was very comfy.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the elevator will be quieter - ours was and we were very comfortable.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sue K

Hello Sue. Thank you for choosing Candlewood Suites in Hattiesburg for your lodging accommodations. We appreciate the wonderful feedback about your stay with us. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed the comfortable beds at our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again. Again, thank you for choosing Candlewood Suites.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

Let me tell you something that I had more than 15 rooms for my employees they staying there for more than two years, I never have one complain form anyone of them about the hotel or about the staff. Is that tell you anything, imagine 15 room in 2 years not one complain. I had another 50 rooms some where else (unfortunately I can't get them there) all of them they want to stay in Candlewwod suit but the only problem is the hotel is sold out most of the days. The management in Candlewood they are the best people I ever meet in my life, they are willing to go out of they way to make everyone happy. They help me a lot and I don't know what I will do without them.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Upon checking into this hotel, my family and I discussed the property seemed neat and orderly. However, the decor is very minimal and the hallways and lobby are tiny. The room seemed to be clean enough, however after waking up the next morning, my husband discovered a dozen or so ROACHES coming out of the kitchen sink! When I notified the clerk at the front desk, she politely told me, "We live in the South, so we have roaches.". (I have lived in Mississippi all of my life and never had to live with roaches.) Luckily, I found a room for the next night, at the Courtyard by the Marriott.
When I went to collect our luggage and cancel our reservation for that night, the clerk apologized and quietly told me that the "problem had been resolved". When my son and I entered the room, we were greeted by more roaches in the kitchen sink!
When we walked past the check-in desk, the clerk was explaining our situation to a man who appeared to be the manager/owner. He never offered an apology or to reimburse us for the room. I missed my daughter's first game of the soccer tournament that weekend switching hotels. Also, it was extremely inconvenient and we are out the cost of gas going back and forth.

A Disgusted Guest

Room Tip: There is not a restaurant or swimming pool.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Donna B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Hattiesburg, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2012

Dear Donna B,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We apologize for any inconvenience experienced during your stay. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when situations like these occur. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your stay.

Myrna M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 11, 2012

I am a weekly traveler who is very familiar with hotels. First the lobby is tiny and the entry is convoluted, not at all typical for other Candlewood's. Second they didn't have my room type ready for me and I had to take a handicap room that was misrepresented to me. Then when I get to the room the key doesn't work and after having to return to the front desk there is no one there. I had to then stand around for 5 minutes waiting for someone to return.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 28, 2012

I came here to Get away for a day or so, and this was just what i needed. Room was great, service was great, GREAT location, and a friendly staff to top it all off with what more can i ask for. i will be back for another getaway

Room Tip: all rooms are great!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 26, 2012

We have stayed at most of the motels in Hattiesburg. This so far is our best stay. Nice room, quiet, and a good value. This will be our first choice in the future !

Room Tip: Book threw kayak.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family