“Great Experience”

Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Hattiesburg
Florida, United States
“Great Experience”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We were going to a wedding and these rooms were reserved for us. It was a very great experience. The rooms, staff, food, and the hospitality was very enjoyable. we will definitely come again! I also .appreciated the the cleanliness of the room

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Standard HGI. Enjoyed the indoor pool and hot tub during my stay. Hotel was convienant to the interstate and restuarants/shopping on Hardy. Easy commute anywhere. Outback and Hooters next door and will deliver to your room - for %. There was a Cracker Barrel also. I always love McAlisters so found one a mile or two away. I don't have them where I live so I immediately go get my big cup of tea.

Check-in rep was very unhelpful. I asked for early check-in an hour or two before, and was told, rather rudely, that no rooms were available. He was to call me when one was ready. I arrive 10 mins before actual check-in time and he looks in the computer and says one just came available! He said, "Wow - I hope I have that kinda of timing for the rest of the evening." Then he grabs my PRIOR printed key card from the desk and hands it to me. If it was already printed, you should have called me....

Room had signs of not being thoroughy cleaned. But was extrememly tired after a red eye and just needed to fall asleep. Hotel was quiet and rest of the stay was adequate. Served its purpose.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Columbus, United States
Reviewed August 27, 2013

The staff and housekeeping at this hotel are excellent. They go out of their way to make you feel welcome and comfortable. Very nice room and ammenities for the price. Always clean and modern. The staff is always upbeat and remembers regular guests making you feel at home. I would recommend this hotel over any of the others in Hattiesburg, and I have stayed at most of them!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Lantana, TX, United States
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This was one of the best hotels we've every stayed at! Being 1/2 way going to and from our Florida beach vacation, Hattiesburg is a great place to stop. The room is great along with all the ammenities, but we especially enjoy the ladies working in the breakfast area - they are fantastic! See you next year!

Elyria, Ohio
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Traveling the highway looking for a hotel later in the evening proved to be frustrating with this Hilton. I am a Hilton Honor Member and have stayed a numerous Hilton's but was disappointed in the front desk service when I called to make our reservations. When I called the individual at the front desk (only been working there since April) sent me to the reservation line as she was helping another quest vs asking me to wait on hold. Took me a good 10 minutes to book with an individual that I could not understand and that made some promises that did not match up to the hotel policies. When we arrived tried and ready to get in our room, it seemed like we were an inconvenience to the front help desk. Room was clean and worked out for our family of four. Expensive with no free breakfast which was disappointing. Highlight was that an individual working the breakfast shift wished me safe travels when I was getting coffee in the morning. She was kind and asked where we were from. etc... Pool needs more chairs to sit in; but room clean, pool clean.

Room Tip: Traffic can be noisy in the morning from all sides as this hotel is in a busy area.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I was very surprised to read some of the negative reviews about this hotel.We stayed here one night en route to New Orleans and found it very comfortable. The free coffee and flapjacks in reception when we arrived were a nice touch. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Lee on the front desk printed us off a list of the top places to go in New Orleans including restaurant and bar recommendations which was really helpful.(If you read this Lee we did our best to get round all 16!!) We had a drink in the bar on the way out for the evening and again the bar man was very friendly and welcoming. We ate at Georgia Blue nearbywhich we enjoyed.
We didn't have the hotel breakfast so can't comment but the pool and fitness room were good.
Would stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Punta Gorda, United States
Reviewed August 8, 2013

ATM out of order. Soft drink machine empty. No free continental breakfast. Unfriendly staff. Very messy eating area for expensive breakfast. Empty wine bottles displayed to make it appear that there was a welcome drink. Not so. Very expensive compated to the other places on our trip that offered a continental breakfast. Hall was littered with room service breakfast trays.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple