“A little pricey, but nice.”

Hilton Garden Inn Hattiesburg
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Hattiesburg
Pace, United States
“A little pricey, but nice.”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We stay here while in town for my daughter's graduation. We also used the meeting room to hold a graduation dinner that we had catered in. Friendly staff, nice lobby area, and it appeared to have a great breakfast. Unfortunately, we didn't have time to try it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
atlanta, United States
Reviewed May 15, 2013

The hotel is nice but needs a few upgrades. The fitness center does nothave enough equipment. The roll in beds are terrible with no support, it seemed old and wore out. I had to sleep in the chair so my daughter and wife could use the bed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Vero Beach, United States
Reviewed May 10, 2013

The staff at this hotel bend over backwards to accommodate the guests. They are always friendly and remember your name and your special requests. The hotel is clean and inviting. It is convenient to shopping and restaurants. It doesn't operate the dinning at dinner, but offers room service from surrounding restaurants. They have a yearly crawfish boil in May. If you are in town, it is a must not miss. They really know how to make you feel special.

Brownsburg, Indiana
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I chose the Hilton Garden Inn over the other local hotels because of the reviews on Tripadvisor. Normally I'm not a Hilton regular, but I know these are generally nice hotels, and this was no exception. The lobby and restaurant are very nice, and my room was well appointed, clean, and well maintained.

My only issue with my stay is that there is a pub just south of the hotel, and my room was on that end of the building. On a Tuesday night, the band played outside until right around midnight. As a business traveler, this was a little much. The music wasn't loud in my room, but it was definitely audible. It was loud enough that I could tell what songs they were playing. I didn't complain to the hotel, as I doubt they have a lot of control of the situation. But if someone from their staff reads this, please know that it would definitely make me think twice about a return stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are noisy due to the local pub and it's outdoor music.
Reviewed May 8, 2013

This was a great hotel for my short, overnight visit to Hattiesburg. I arrived in the evening and didn't want to go out again for dinner. While the kitchen isn't open for dinner, the nearby Outback Steakhouse provides delivery service to the hotel. The gal at the bar was helpful and delivered my food to my room when it arrived. I requested a foam pillow at the front desk and they had it delivered promptly - something that other hotels seem to have difficulty with. My room was on the top floor - no problems with noise. The room was clean and comfortable - all standard for this chain. I did eat breakfast here - again standard for the chain; a nice lobby and dining area, and a good, if standard, hot breakfast. I would stay here again.

Oregon
Reviewed May 3, 2013

My friend and I needed a place to stay while on a road trip. We found this Hilton Garden, and the location was perfect. We walked to dinner that night. The man at the front desk was very helpful. I would suggest this to anyone looking for a decent hotel while traveling through Hattiesburg, MS.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Belton, Texas
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel before, but this past time was disappointing. They have upgraded their lobby evidently and it looks nice. However, the service level is low. The girl checking me seemed disinterested, the waitress at breakfast does nothing (be prepared to go get all your own food and drinks), and the pool area was extremely dirty. The whirlpool spa was out of service, and it appeared the sign had been there a long time. Overall, I had a clean bed and nice room, but the staff needs to step it up if I am to continue staying there!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business